“good food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service is pleasant the staff worked very hard running around .Food was deliscious .The Lemon chicken I would recommend

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed July 2, 2019

I have been eating at Deer Garden for years, both eat-in and take-out, and I simply love the menu. Food is always tasty and prepared fresh, and never diappoints.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

This place is on saint-Laurent - right next door to the Monument-National: Salle Ludger-Duvernay where many plays,operas, etc are mounted. So it is close to the action. and a very solid, simple restaurant with all the standard dishes. We had the seafood nest, orange chicken, ginger beef and cashew pork...all very good. The customers fill out the chit for the cook and payment is by cash only - no cards or interact. But fast, good service and reasonable prices. Also it is BYOB place so come with a bottle of whatever you like.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Jardin du cerf was a pleasant warm surprise on a very cold evening. This BYOB Asian restaurant is on the opposite side of the lion gate entrance to Chinatown on St. Laurent Blvd. Service was friendly and quick. We were two and enjoyed our own beer with a starter of delicious dumplings and peanut sauce. We both chose the table d'hôte that included the best wonton soup I have every experienced. The spring roll came with delicious fried wonton which tasted less oily than the spring roll. My guest ordered shrimp in lobster sauce and I ordered ginger beef. Both came with rice and vegetables. The plates were hot, the food was ample & fresh and everyting was delicious! Would I return?...in a minute!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I enjoyed a good meal with friends and family at The Deer Garden. I really like the bring your own wine/beer concept. It's very popular on weekends so make reservations to avoid the line-up.

Date of visit: September 2018