“Sooo good we went twice in one week”
Review of Il Cavaliere

Il Cavaliere
Ranked #3,441 of 5,820 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
“Sooo good we went twice in one week”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The food here was so good. The service was also fantastic. Had the lasagna and it was great. My friend had the arabiata (spicy red sauce) and it was so great. On the second visit asked them to add spicy red sauce to lasagna and it was even better, which is hard to imagine. My daughter ordered the rose sauce, omg that was amazing too.

On top of great food service was amazing. Despite having a party of 60 they managed to serve my party of 5 eficiently and were very attentive. The most amazing part was that when i called for my 2nd reservation they remembered me based on my voice. On our 2nd visit they served us free bruschetta and came around with shots for all. Even the kids got little oj shots. We are definitely going back when we are next in Montreal.

1 Thank Brodygirl

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Momma Mariani's italian recipes I'm sure”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Casual little Restaurant just off Rene Levesque and a short walk to St. Catherines Street. Great food, great service. Frank was doing the cooking so the food was good. Waiter made an excellent wine recommendation... nice little Italian Red that went well with the food. Veal was so tender, it melted in the mouth. Mussels were flying out of the kitchen by the bucket and everyone seemed to be getting them.... next time for sure. Be sure to sit back and relax with a nice dessert and expresso after the meal.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank kwmcnally
Pasquale D, Owner at Il Cavaliere, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thanks a lot the best complement possible she was the chef I ever known.
Quebec City, Canada
“The best place for MUSSELS in Montreal”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Many mussel restaurants have closed in Montreal. I have been searching for a restaurant that has great mussels. My search is now over. I reserved to eat at this Italian restaurant, attached to the Lord Berri Hotel, at 1199, Berri, just south of St. Catherine St. It was a hot night and the terrace was crowded. We decided to eat inside. The decor inside is simple. To my surprise they had mussels on the menu. We ordered the $19.95 unlimited mussels and fries. The MUSSELS were excellent. The fries are also great. Our waiter, Eddie, said the mussels have been on the menu for over 6 years. Eddie was a first rate server. Very pleasant, funny and so helpful. He added to our excellent dining experience. He said "the boys in the kitchen" the cooks have worked at this restaurant for over 22 years. They know their job. We ordered the mussels in peppercorn sauce and managed to go through 3 refills. Wow. I surprised myself but they were just that good.I didn't try anything else on the menu.
If you love mussels and fries, you must eat here. I can't wait to return.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Sandy99
Montreal, Canada
“When it comes to food one of the best Retaurant for the $$$ in Montreal”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Ok Let me start by saying that I have been to this restaurant at least 50 times in the past 3 years.
The quality / quantity of the food is second to none. The prices are extremely reasonable and for the most part you can have a cosy / comfortable lunch / Diner.
The restaurant is adjacant to the Lord Berri hotel and it is not necessarily the "best looking" restaurant in town nor is it located in the "core of downtown Montreal" but that should not stop you from going there.
From the fish, to the steaks, including their Pasta / Pizza, you can't go wrong.
You will enjoy the food no doubt.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Robert5635
Virginia Beach
“Very good food, great service and value.”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife and I had been in Quebec (City and Montreal) for almost two weeks and we've eaten at many, many restaurants ranging from the most upscale to local holes-in-the-wall. We decided to try Il Cavaliere based on Trip Advisor recommendations and the fact that this restaurant was right around the corner from our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised! The service was fantastic, the food was above average, and the wine reasonably priced. We started with the Bruschetta for two. The tomatoes were fresh and the bread crispy but not overly hard. We’ve had more, shall we say “exotic” versions of Bruschetta but this was just fine. For dinner my wife had the Gnocchi Gorgonzola. The sauce was excellent; very tasty but not too overpowering and the Gnocchi was clearly homemade; melt-in-your-mouth and delicious, not chewy like the store bought varieties. I had the Campagnola (sausage and peppers) with linguini. Once again, the pasta was excellent and the ingredients perfectly balanced. We went with a liter of the house red wine ($28). It was a standard relatively light bodied Italian red that was really quite flavorful and complemented the meals just fine. We finished the meal with a lemon sorbet (very refreshing), Tiramisu (fair) and two glasses of Sandeman 20 year port. All-in-all we had a terrific meal at a great price and the service was excellent.

• Visited August 2011