“"Campari is a Bijou"”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: L Campari Centro is located on de la Montagne street in the heart of downtown Montreal, just two minutes walk from the Bell Centre. Il Campari Centro offers diners an elegant decor and delicious Northern Italian cuisine artistically prepared and presented. Il Campari Centro also boasts an extensive wine list. Specialty: veal scallop.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dining at Campari is always a stellar experience where the food and drink are forever at their best and the dining experience is very cozy. The 24 karat wine selection from mainstream wines to the finest imports is like no other. For this occasion, opted for the grilled octopus which I must say was absolutely divine, followed by the Chilean Sea Bass with vegetables and lest I forget the delicious breads. What can I say, it was a heavenly and mouth-watering experience that paired deliciously with the wine. I topped it off with some melt-in-your-mouth butter cookies and cappuccino. No disappointments here, worth every penny. You need to try to experience.

Arrivederci for now!

3  Thank Rita S

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This restaurant was near our hotel, Omni Mont-Royal, and we decided to walk for a meal on a busy Sunday evening. It was highly rated here but I was disappointed. I liked the atmosphere and service and my entree of seafood pasta was excellent, but very pricey, over 40 dollars. Beyond that the rest of the food was average at best. My grilled calamari was nice but they mixed it with grilled onions !! The onions overpowered the nice flavor of a grilled calamari. The bread sticks were stale. The pizza bread was cold and hard. And the rolls were not Italian or even nice French baguette, but rather a soft sourdough type roll. That is not Italian. My wife's tortellini was hard and of poor quality. The two types of lentil soup were nice. One was pureed, and one was left whole, in what I call a "peasant style" which I like.
But overall, not the kind of quality to expect from a high priced Italian restaurant.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Recently went to Il Campari when we visited Montreal. Hadn't been there in several years but Peter, the owner, recognized us instantly and made sure we felt at home.

All of the staff was very attentive and looked after our every need.

Atmosphere was fabulous - very relaxing. and the food was superb.

We ordered a wine that was far from the most expensive on the wine list and our server went out of his way in complimenting us for having identified one of the hidden gems on the list.

The evening was topped off by after dinner drinks - compliments of the house.

A thoroughly relaxing evening and one we are certain to repeat during future visits to Montreal.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was in Montreal on business and read the reviews for this restaurant and decided to try it, I was not disappointed, I started with grilled octopus and then had veal scaloppini with a white wine and lemon sauce that melted in my mouth. A couple glasses of Pinot Grigio and a lovely coffee to end my meal made for a very satisfying evening.

1  Thank Lianne F
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I found Il Campari Centro on Tripadvisor and went there on a Tuesday night - it was moderately busy (the patio was full) and there were a couple of largish parties inside.

Service from the beginning was impeccable - very attentive and appropriate. I had a Bressan Schioppettino - that was the pefect compliment to my meal.

Started with a ceasar salad that was mediocre at best - the breads were amazingly delicious though. Then I had veal marsala - very good if not amazing. I finished my meal with a cappuccino and tiramisu that were both adequate.

The restaurant itself is very beautiful - lots of wood finish and linen. Very very pleasant and highly recommendable.

2  Thank Paul B