“Finest Italian cuisine”

Campari Centro Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 5,670 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: L Campari Centro is located on de la Montagne street in the heart of downtown Montreal, just two minutes walk from the Bell Centre. Il Campari Centro offers diners an elegant decor and delicious Northern Italian cuisine artistically prepared and presented. Il Campari Centro also boasts an extensive wine list. Specialty: veal scallop.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Finest Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I often eat at Il Campari Centro and never have I been disappointed. The accompanied by a deliciously sweet lychee martini, the chicken alfredo fettuccine was undoubtably the best I've ever had. Both the fried and grilled calamari melted in my mouth and were absolutely delicious. I was overtaken by the staff's kindness and hospitality. I asked the owner, Peter, two days in advance for a male and a female lobster and they were prepared to perfection. Having no clue how they were being cooked for us, the chef worked his magic and made both lobsters differently, and they were both absolutely amazing. We finished off the already great meal with a tiramisu that was so light and tasty, as well as a chocolate mousse and cannoli, which were equally as delicious. Campari Centro is without a doubt a perfect italian restaurant and the staff makes sure to make the experience an unforgettable one. FIVE STARS

2 Thank JuliaPelt

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“**Amazing Italian Food!***”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Campari Centro has both the best Italian food and service overall! What an amazing 1st time experience I had here last week. This is a great place for date night, family, or business dinners/lunch. If you are travelling alone, sit on their beautiful patio.

I have always had a hard time finding good QUALITY Italian food in downtown Montreal. From past experience, majority of Italian restaurants lacked quality of both food and service. Campari has BOTH!
You will fall in love with this restaurant. 100% guaranteed! What a surprise! Well worth it!

FOOD: I had the sea bass with veg. It melted in my mouth as I was able to taste the garlic and butter. Texture was soft. The portions are VERY generous as the piece of fish was 2 inches thick! I had the zucchinni flowers as appetizers with a red sauce. Again, very generous portions! I also had some of my brother's salmon. These guys know how to cook seafood! For non seasfood: my other friend had the veal with red tomato sauce and OMG...the flavous you can taste! You really can taste the ingredients and how well it is prepared. As tasty as their food is, their dishes are very well presented, and again, the portions are great! You'll be full after eating here be prepared to be fed! Try the choco mousse + regular coffee! The regular coffee is amazing. (I know, it's only reg. coffee).

SERVICE/AMBIANCE
When I entered Campari, I was warmly greeted by both the staff and owner, Peter. They really look after you and make you feel welcomed in the restaurant. Furthermore, the entire staff knows HOW TO PROPERLY serve and are well educated on their menu. They also are very funny. Beautiful interior and patio!!! Sit on the patio to people watch if you are alone!

OVERALL
I am very knowledgable of good value and quality restos in Montreal and highly recommend Campari. Whether you are a pasta, meat, or seafood lover, their chefs do it right. The menu has the right # of dishes to cater to any taste and it's well worth every penny for $$$$ resto. I 100% guarantee you will love this restaurant! Going back with my girlfriend to try the pasta dishes.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Durwin M
Ottawa, Canada
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have often dined at this restaurant when we come to Montreal. It is a 2 minute walk from the Sheraton and close to many other downtown hotels and the Bell Center. The reception from staff is always warm and welcoming and the service is attentive but never rushed. Last night my wife and I both had the seafood risotto and it was just great. The tiramisu is made on the premises and is exceptionally good. We have also had a variety of other dishes there and the food is always very fresh and the portions generous.

1 Thank SandA85
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Everything was excellent, service, ambiance and of course the food I recommend this restaurant for couples, meetings or just for the pleasure of trying authentic Italian food

3 Thank Foodlu
Montreal, Canada
“STELLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

FOOD, VINE, SERVICE,all what you need for one good night out and THIS IS THE PLACE,we just comme from Italy and when we go to Campari we are again there,atmosfere is great,food is divine, home made pasta is something mmm ,seafood mmm ,,, nice italian music,service No 1,,and ask for Tomi,you gonna have fun !

• Visited August 2012