“House of Jazz”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Kirkland, Canada
“House of Jazz”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Enjoyed another great evening and meal with family members continuing the celebration of my husband's 65th Birthday

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Floozie_Queen

Montreal
“Great music with overpriced bar food that helps pay for the show”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The music is fantastic if you like jazz music and I would recommend it to any fan. I think that the $10 cover charge does not cover the cost of the musicians so they serve realy poor food at a high price to make up for it. The ribs were tasteless, fries were from frozen and 2 wings and two tiny pieces of potatoe skins at $15 is outrageous but it was a great evening because of the band really engaging the people and playing great music.

Ottawa
“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Biddle's was good but since it has rebranded to The House of Jazz, it leaves so much to be desired. Food is average but the real problem is the entertainment/live music. House of jazz is no longer a destination for music. You get average to mediocre talent for the $10 cover you will pay. Go to the Upstairs Club or Dièse Onze for live jazz. Oh, and the service is really lacking as well.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Ottawajester
Montreal, Canada
“A Must Do if in Montreal”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Loved loved loved my evening at this famous jazz club on Aylmer Street. The New Orleans jazz is fabulous. The decor a must see. I am a chandelier nut and I my eyes were big with surprise. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive and efficient. I am sorry to say that the food could be upgraded. If they did, they could not be beat in every way. I had the chicken leg and ribs. When I go back I will order just the ribs. The meat was falling off of the bone and they were delicious. The fries were great too. They have a martini menu and I had the chocolate martini. MMmmmmm. delicious. All the other martinis ordered at our table were just as great. My chicken was overcooked and somewhat dry. I enjoyed it the same but would not order it again. My partner had the salmon which was just freshly delivered to the premises. The timing on the meals were poor and we think that gorgeous piece of salmon on wild rice sat under a lamp as it was dry. Also, the amount of food on that plate was sparse. The piece of fish was adequate, but I don`t think there was a cup of rice and there were no vegetables. Compared to us it looked rather bare. My girlfriend had the smoked salmon with capers, very good. I had the escargot and they were fine too. The coffee was very good and I`m picky about coffee.
all in all it was a fine evening and we will certainly go back. Ribs all the way though.

• Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Music, Good Food!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have been visiting Montreal since the '80s for business and for the Jazz Festival. For me, this is the place to be during the festival. You will find many of the stars and members of their groups hanging there. Now understand Charlie's place is about the music and not about the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but it is about the music! The interior is basic, but when the music flows it is very very cool! Some may complain about the cover charge, but would not pay $10 bucks to see George Benson, Kenny G or a whole host of other jazz greats such as Slide Hampton.
So if you are in Montreal, stop in and enjoy the ribs or chicken bbq. But go for the MUSIC!!!!

• Visited July 2011