“A Must Do if in Montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Biddle Jazz & Ribs

Biddle Jazz & Ribs
Ranked #2,503 of 5,679 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“A Must Do if in Montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Loved loved loved my evening at this famous jazz club on Aylmer Street. The New Orleans jazz is fabulous. The decor a must see. I am a chandelier nut and I my eyes were big with surprise. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive and efficient. I am sorry to say that the food could be upgraded. If they did, they could not be beat in every way. I had the chicken leg and ribs. When I go back I will order just the ribs. The meat was falling off of the bone and they were delicious. The fries were great too. They have a martini menu and I had the chocolate martini. MMmmmmm. delicious. All the other martinis ordered at our table were just as great. My chicken was overcooked and somewhat dry. I enjoyed it the same but would not order it again. My partner had the salmon which was just freshly delivered to the premises. The timing on the meals were poor and we think that gorgeous piece of salmon on wild rice sat under a lamp as it was dry. Also, the amount of food on that plate was sparse. The piece of fish was adequate, but I don`t think there was a cup of rice and there were no vegetables. Compared to us it looked rather bare. My girlfriend had the smoked salmon with capers, very good. I had the escargot and they were fine too. The coffee was very good and I`m picky about coffee.
all in all it was a fine evening and we will certainly go back. Ribs all the way though.

• Visited August 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Music, Good Food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have been visiting Montreal since the '80s for business and for the Jazz Festival. For me, this is the place to be during the festival. You will find many of the stars and members of their groups hanging there. Now understand Charlie's place is about the music and not about the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but it is about the music! The interior is basic, but when the music flows it is very very cool! Some may complain about the cover charge, but would not pay $10 bucks to see George Benson, Kenny G or a whole host of other jazz greats such as Slide Hampton.
So if you are in Montreal, stop in and enjoy the ribs or chicken bbq. But go for the MUSIC!!!!

• Visited July 2011
Toronto
“Sadly we did not want to pay the 10 each to get in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

We went with the family and were very disappointed to find out the there was a 10 dollar cover charge, even though we were going to eat and drink, also we were only going to be there for less than two hours as we had children and we had to leave by 8:30. Sadly disappointed that we did not even get in th front door.

also, the name has chnaged to the Jazz house.

Visited December 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Music was good but food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

Music was good but food was ordinary.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the artist I ve seen perform was amazing, the food is...fun, the drinks are good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008