“Special evening”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Sherbrooke
Transit: Subway Saint Laurent or Sherbrooke.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The staff took good care to make my evening out with 2 friends special. I have the Cavatelli and it was very good. The wine pairing suggestion was excellent. Overall it was a nice restaurant, with good food. DJ music starts around 10 and gets louder as the night goes on. We left before it turned into a dance party.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Globe restaurant has been a staple on rue st. Laurent for many years. I have had the opportunity to dine here many times over the course of 8+ years. Since the Globe has recruited Baldo, the restaurant has transformed not only into an epic dining experience but also has all the characteristics of a genuine place to call a home away from home. Baldo and the entire staff cater to all your needs and truly make you feel like family. The atmosphere is amazing and I would highly recommend anyone visiting Montreal to try the "Globe experience"...you won't be dissapointed!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate here by just randomly picking it while walking by and I'm glad we did. The waitress was probably one of the best I've had. Very observant and attentive. We started with duck which was fantastic, what a great combination of flavored. We order salmon and split it. Again good choice. We also ordered the fried Brussel sprouts. They were heavenly. I didn't want to stop eating them! Not sure why this place isn't rated higher.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with a few buddies on Saturday night. We were looking for a restaurant with a lively crowd, attractive waitresses, moderately priced but good food and that is exactly what we got. I was a bit concerned because of all the bad reviews but luckily we didn't experience any of that. The food price was fair and I though was very good. Our waitress was friendly and quite competent. The music and crowd was fun. Our bill was fine and with no mistakes and no automatic tip. when I visit Montreal again and I coming back! Saturday night they said a DJ comes at 9:30 and then they convert to more like a club with bottle service. This didn't make much sense because the crowd doesn't even get busy until 11pm to warrant a required bottle service from a restaurant.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food is good. The presentation is almost gourmet. Prices are moderate. It's a place for the younger crowd. Loud music, not conversation friendly. The hostesses, bartenders and waitresses are young women who are dressed like runway models. Ours, E.R., looked like Allison Williams (if you watch "Girls" on HBO). Service was good, and she was very friendly, but when we got the bill, she told us that the "tip was already added." Indeed, E.R. had entered a tip onto the credit card that was slightly more than 20% of the pretax amount. I was too embarrassed to question it. That left a bad taste after an otherwise nice meal.