“Best meal I have had so far in Canada”
Review of Ferreira Cafe

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Catherine
Description: It is said that laughter and good times are fuelled by exquisite food. All of these can be found at Ferreira Cafe, Montreal's veritable ambassador of Portuguese cuisine. Warm and refined, while chic and relaxing, Ferreira Cafe continues to be a true favorite of among Montrealers.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ordered fried calamares to share the quantity was spot on, they were dry and crispy exactly as we like them. Richard had lamb cutlets which were exactly the right shade of dark pink and I had the cod, the sides of mushrooms and truffle mash were superb. The service was friendly we had a good time.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We received a gift certificate for my husband's birthday and booked for a Friday evening August 9th. We were fortunately seated indoors but on the border of the terrace so we weren't too disturbed by noise inside . The tables are close together, typical of a bistro. The food was bland. My husband was very disappointed with the black cod dish that had been highly recommended. Too expensive to give it a second try!

1  Thank ang t
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had been here in March with some co-workers and wanted to return given the meal we had last time... Wow was I happy I returned!

This time I got the Tuna Carpaccio, although I didn't find it to be much like capriccio since it came to me in a cylinder shape... It was still amazing in flavor and texture! A definite re-order for me!

Then I had the Risotto, Wild Mushrooms and Duck and that was some of the best risotto I have ever had. My wife makes amazing risotto, if I help stir (of course I do), so have had the opportunity to know what it should really taste and feel like. The duck was also cooked to perfection and I was sad not to eat it all but I was full... I gave the remainder to another couple at the bar I was sitting next to and they were very happy to take it off my hands.

Such great service and customers, no wonder people like to come back here!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Superb, over-priced wine list (impressive Alentejo selections). Oysters taste fresh out of the Atlantic. Service is professional, impersonal. Fish stews sound promising, but quite frankly, lack fish. Scallops are first rate, but what kind of portuguese stew features no other fish but salmon - what? There's no salmon in portugal. Then, another FISH stew comes with a big chunk of chorizo. Pork. Unnanounced. Not "carne de porco a alentejana." A fish stew, in downtown montreal, where people need to be mindful of this stuff. The 20-something server wasn't concerned, even after double checking that, indeed, the menu does not state pork as an ingredient. We didn't fuss, and a big, fat, full bill followed. No attempt at an apology. More tables to sling. Profoundly disapointed. This is not how it's done in Portugal. Go to Ferraris down the street, you can buy the whole Maritza collectiion plus a Cartuxa red w the money you save.

5  Thank VamosAndando
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place lives on its good rep which is to good. You often sit close to a bunch of business or guys. Food is good but service not that good, its time to find a new place.

1  Thank Magnusigurra