“Always good.”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Catherine
Description: It is said that laughter and good times are fuelled by exquisite food. All of these can be found at Ferreira Cafe, Montreal's veritable ambassador of Portuguese cuisine. Warm and refined, while chic and relaxing, Ferreira Cafe continues to be a true favorite of among Montrealers.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was our third time here and was even better than the last two. Service was better than when we went one or two years ago. We loved our waitress and the ambiance. It can get loud but it just makes it lively. We arrived at 6:30 pm which was early but made it quieter at the beginning to enjoy the music and decor. The Rice/Seafood dish is to die for. No other restaurant serves a seafood dish like this. My husband had the sardines and the black cod and he loved it. When we come to Montreal we always try to come here.

1  Thank onetripamonth

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have eaten here about 8 times, 7 of which were at some professional/business function that required a presentation. They have a big room at the top of the restaurant that can seat about 60 people and it by default, has become a favorite place to hold these functions as rooms like this at a decent restaurant are not that easy to come by.

That being said, I came and ate here with my wife and they did not disappoint. The cooking is Portuguese based, and the black cod is excellent. The different amuse bouche are very tasty and they are never far away to keep the wine glass filled. Their wine selections and pairings are very good. I can also speak highly of the seared tuna, braised pork shoulder (fall off the bone tender and very rich), the filet Mignon, and chicken breast. I have also had the mushroom risotto. All delicious and consistently good. The desserts I found are above average, but not spectacular.

I have appreciated their consistency above all else. The food is always delicious and the service excellent.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I have dined here five or six times. We come to Montreal for New Years often and always dine at Ferreira's at least once each time. We have dined at various Portuguese restaurants from Portugal to Southeast Massachusetts and have been very happy to do so. The menu here gives you a much more continental/european flavor and the owner should be commended for the offerings.

This year I tried the short ribs and my wife had the Lobster Risotto. Though some may find it pricey, I think the value is great and the taste is wonderful. Both meals were phenomenal.

We have always been more than impressed with the wine list and I strongly recommend the Portuguese reds that are offered. What more needs to be said...............we'll be back!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The service, food and ambience at this restaurant is terrific. Enjoy the blackened fish if they have it on the menu but frankly you will never struggle to find something great to eat

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Treat yourself to a special meal with professional service, outstanding cuisine and a great wine list. Think upscale Italian trattoria but substitute the flavours and intrigue of Portuguese cuisine. This is where I go when:

1) I can afford it
2) I want to celebrate something special-birthday, promotion, tax rebate!
3) I need to treat myself because I am worth it!