“The best”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This small quaint restaurant just off of St. Catherine St. was outstanding. The service was excellent. The food was amazing. We enjoyed one of the best onion soups we have ever had and the Coq au Ven was amazing.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had eaten here 30 years ago and had fond memories. I was hoping for an elegant old-world experience and what I found felt dusty and dated. The food was extremely pedestrian, although acceptable, except for the fact that they are charging top flight prices. One thing I appreciated is the ability to carry on a conversation without raising my voice.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

While at a meeting in Montreal, the hotel concierge recommended this restaurant. The food and the service were outstanding. It is a classic French restaurant, cuisine classique, in a city of nouvelle French restaurants. I asked the waiter to order for me. He bought me the rabbit terrine, the veal and the Grand Marnier soufflé. My wife had the onion tart and duck and shared the soufflé . The wine list was expansive and very reasonable to the point of being inexpensive. We order a 1986 Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande for $160. WOW. It was wonderful night. If I had another night in Montreal, I would have return for dinner the next night.

2  Thank Ams119
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were greeted by Marc and Fabrice and thus began a memorable evening.
These two gentlemen of great experience give advice ,add some humor and are the perfect examples of how servers should be!.lll
We were two and a great hit was the Grand Marnier soufflé for dessert.
The meal itself was delicious from the escargots,for him..classic onion soup for me....to the beef and frites and I the magret of canard.
We loved to the ambiance..dusky lighting the wine poured by the srervers and seemed as though we had two bottles when in fact we had a half bottle each!..they managed to make it last forever.
A couple from Philadelphia at a nearby table added greatly to the experience and in fact generously gave us a soupçon of their decanted pauillac .wine..most appreciated.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Trip Advisor pointed me and my fiance to this restaurant. What a gem! He had lamb and I had chicken. Mine was excellent and he said that his was the best meal he has ever had! We shared a bottle of wine and spent a wonderful evening together. The ambience and decor is great and the service was fantastic - Mark was our server and he was wonderful! We can't wait to visit again!

On a side note - the other reviews are right about not getting in and out of this restaurant quickly. Plan to spend a couple of hours and enjoy everything this restaurant has to offer.

1  Thank jem1019