“OMG! Our best meal in Montreal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Boston, Massachusetts
“OMG! Our best meal in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We almost didn't try this place, because the appearance from the outside looked really dated and passe. But I'm so glad we did! Our meal was terrific, starting with the complementary bruschetta--two pieces each of toasted bread, one with fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil and the second with their delicious marinara sauce and melted cheese. Our pasta dishes were really excellent--they make their pasta in house, but don't tout that on the menu, as they should. I don't remember exactly what the name was, but my taglioline (?) had bacon, and was in a tomato cream sauce. My husband ordered the Amatriciana pasta, which was also excellent. Very good, friendly, welcoming service. Kudos to Chef Francesco Bono.

Visited November 2012

Enosburg Falls, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Man, this staff does hustle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We made faux pas of not making a reservation on a Friday night, but after about 15 minutes they were able to make us a table. If you are not a big eater, I wouldn't get an appetizer! You get bruscetta and bread to start your meal. Portion size was good. Staff was MOVING on a busy Friday night. Bit of a wait between app and meal, but that could also be a culture thing. I would go back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A random hit for old-fashioned Italian food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were at Jean Talon market and were hungry. Went for one of our comfort foods - Italian - at a place with a cute, if faded, terrace facing the busy market alley. We had a blast! The waiter was a funny but efficient caricature who suggested some specials and led us to a good wine. He tried to save me money by leading me to the lunch menu, but I was stuck on the a la carte choice. A simple menu, nothing nouveau. Anyway, I decided to write a review on TA - we were so impressed by the prix fixe menu - even our nephew with the appetite of an 18 yr old was stuffed. Lovely baguette, homemade sauces. Read the reviews and see some mixed, we probably would not have tried it if we were judging by TA reviews on this one, but hey.....a lucky random pick, we felt.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GlobalCanadian
Concord, New Hampshire
“Excellant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife found this restaurant. We were skeptical at first as there were other restaurants in the area that seemed more crowded. But, we're glad we stayed our course. The food was fantastic.

Visited August 2012
Niagara Falls
“Great Food in Little Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Casa Cacciatore faces the Jean Tallon market, which also deserves a visit. We were a party of six: three adults and three children aged 8, 6 and 4 years. We were treated to fresh bruschetta which was the best I have ever eaten. I had the veal Milanese which was perfectly cooked served with fresh vegetables. The children had half pasta dishes which they thoroughly enjoyed. My husband had a fresh tomato and pasta dish that was incredible. My daughter ordered a pesto pasta that she thought was excellent. The meal was accompanied by warm bread. We also ordered the house white wine which was light, dry and very good. We were delighted by dessert which was spumoni ice cream. Fresh coffee was served to us after the meal.

Overall I would rate this restaurant as good as the ones we have eaten at in northern Italy. This was a real find in Montreal and we will return again on another trip.

• Visited June 2012