“Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Looking for a new experience prior to attending a Just For Laughs we tried cafe Du Nouveau Monde. Wonderful choice as it turns out, The staff were extremely pleasant and although we did not have reservations we were promptly seated in a prime location. The menu was extensive as was the wine list. Our waiter was extremely competent and easily handled the tables that he was responsible for. Our table had three different plates - fried egg plant, duck and a scallops and pasta dish. All were well presented and were extremely tasty. The portions were reasonable with the only complaint being that two scallops were not sufficient for the price of the meal.

I would recommend this restaurant especially with the terrace seating. Good meal with great people watching!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Food and drinks very good. They did not rush us to leave after we had ate. Very relaxed setting. We were seated outside. could hear the music from the Jazz Fest. We like it so much went back the next day for lunch.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We loved this restaurant - sat out side - could hear the sounds of the jazz festival. They had a fantastic selection of menu options - even for vegetarians (not sure about vegans) for starters I had the beat salad with goat cheese and bread, all excellent, beets were cooked to perfection - still a crisp. for dinner I had ricotta and spinach wrapped with eggplant and a generous helping of cheese and a red sauce on top -i would have loved to have been able to take the left overs home.
what a nice find!
my friends all enjoyed their meals!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

While strolling along at the Montreal Jazz fest me and my wingman stopped by for dinner at this place. I had the eggplant and it was delicious. Quite excellent. My friend had the scallops and he enjoyed his dinner as well. We each had a glass of Rhone Pinot Noir that was pricey and not as good as the price. Service was very good and friendly. Great choice.

1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was in Montreal for a few days, and after eating at a traditional steakhouse and being disappointed, I wanted something that was more French/Montreal - this did not disappoint. Enjoyable dinner outside, great weather - and the 3 key things - Great Wine, Great Salad, and a great meal. I will go again.