“Excellent Service! Delightful Dining Experience.”

Cafe Du Nouveau Monde
Ranked #359 of 5,978 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I dined at this restaurant two nights in a row on my recent 3-night stay in Montreal.

The Quebecois fare was a gastronomical treat. On my first night, I had the goat cheese appetizer followed by duck confit and a blue lagoon cocktail. The second night, I had another blue lagoon cocktail, cornish hen, creme brulee and second harvest ice wine. Delish.

The servers were very kind, and accommodating. They even remembered me from the night before! Dining at Cafe du Nouveau Monde was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm not a fan of French cuisine but I enjoyed myself at this restaurant.

We went before a show at Place des Arts and it was packed (probably with other concert goers) and quite loud. The service was a bit slow and impersonal but I enjoyed the meal and the wine. This restaurant was pricier than I am accustomed to but I'm glad I went. I think the restaurant itself is gorgeous!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a classic bistro, the menu is classic tending toward boring. If you want to grab a bite to eat before a show, there isn't that many spots around the 'quartier du spectacle'. The food is usually good (for an entree: I always have the 'assiette de charcuterie '). but this last time when i got the main dish, my plate was burning hot, the rice was warm but the meat was ice cold! But the service is always with a smile!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I had a late lunch here after touring a bunch of disapointments in Montreal. I can't remember much other than I enjoyed it. Price was very reasonable, about $27 CAD.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This restaurant is another classic French bistro, right in the heart of Montreal's cultural district, near the new Symphony space and the location of the Montreal Jazz Festival. The food, service and ambience simply could not be better and we've been back at least a dozen times!