“EXTREMEMENT DÉCU / EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Buffet Maharaja

Buffet Maharaja
Ranked #3,891 of 5,682 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“EXTREMEMENT DÉCU / EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

J'ai mangé à ce restaurant depuis l'époque de l'université, il y a 25+ années. Depuis 2 ans, la qualité des plats est en chute libre: plats froids, présentoirs vides, absence de service au grillades (15 min)...
J'en ai glissé un mot au propriétaire à la grosse jaguar, et il n'a exprimée aucun regret, émotion ni excuses...
Service à la clientèle: cesser d'offir le premier et vous perdrez le second !
Je n'y retournerai plus.
Il y a plusieurs autres indiens, dans ce secteur, qui font un efforts et c'est là que j'irais dépenser mon argent.

I've been visiting this restaurant since my university days 25+ years ago.
For the last 2 years the qulaity of the food is in free fall: cold dishes, empty trays, nobody at the grill for 15 min...
I even mentioned the situation to the expensive Jaguar totting owner who did not show a single sign of caring.
Customer service: stop providing the second, and you'll lose the first.
Sadly, I will go back there.
There are many other indian restaurant in this sector, and this is where I will spend my money.

• Visited February 2013

Montreal, Canada
“use your own judgement !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am a regular at Buffet Maharaja since they started on Crescsnt st. in montreal.When they moved to the present location my family and me continued to visit occasionaly . WE always liked the food and the buffet concept .
Now I visit the restaurant at least once a month , usually for lunch ( half price for seniors on wednesdays ).
The reason for this review is beacause recently " Mahraja " got positive reviews from different people ,after a period of bad ones, and it is time to share my positive experiences through TRIPADVISOR .
The food is good . The choice is big and can satisfy every taste. No complaints about the service. I am always greeted and get the best service , most of the times by the waiter named ASIF . The Decor is pleasant and there is a big glass covered solarium in the back , which is bright and nice ( specially in the winter ) .
My preferred dishes are the : chicken tandoori , butter chicken ( my favotie ) , samosas (delicious ) , aloo bhaji (spicy potatoes ) and of course the melt in the mouth NAN bread , fresh from the oven . There are fresh fruits , but the desserts are standard .

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Kamienska
Quebec City, Canada
“Tasty indian food ! Delighted.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we went (a couple of time, in fact) at lunch time or diner time, we enjoyed the buffet. Delicious ! Lots of veegies, cooked in different sauce. Meat roated, stirred or in sauce. Spices, just perfect. Nice people.

2 Thank MKaszap
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Butter chicken!.. But...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

i really nejoyed my visit here, we showed up kinda early for the dinner buffet. i really liked theirg butter chicken and I ordered a strawberry daquiri which was nice and slushy and delicious. I was however dissapointed with their dessert selection. I remember some sweet cheese balls in honey that i was looking forward to introducing to my dinner date but there were none offered. I later saw that they were on the list of top food safety offenders in Montreal in early 2013 so that will probably affect my going there again in future (my date did say they saw food on the floor..). Sad to hear since my experience was a good one.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank GeoMon83
Montreal, Canada
“If you like Indian......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is Wednesday and we have just come home on a very cold (-20), sunny day. For we elderly folks, Wednesday is bonanza time at the Maharaja. The lunch time buffet is 50% so $6.50 perhaps. The food is consistently tasty and geared to North American palates, not too hot and spicy. I love the freshly made naan bread with garlic on it, the salad bar is fresh and healthy. I especially like their parsley salad. Then there are lots of vegetarian hot dishes which I enjoy. The chickpeas are great and I usually have some eggplant, then some spinach and cheese and lots of cauliflower. The piece de resistance, for me is vegetable rice with butter chicken and loads of sauce. Just great! I have even started making butter chicken at home as we sometimes need a fix in between visits to the Maharaja. Deserts are not my thing although there are lovely fresh fruit which I have sometimes. My husband often enjoys what he calls "camel balls" in a sweet syrup along with rice pudding. Indian rice pudding is specially good!

• Visited January 2013