“Amazing Beer and great service!!!”

Brasserie Saint-Denis
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Marie-anne
Transit: Metro Mont-royal, Autobus #30
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant by far was one of the best beer style restaurants that we have been to in a long time. The service was amazing! I brought my husband there for his birthday. We are both avid beer lovers (beer trotters) we were not disappointed. The vast selection of beers were amazing ,a full menu just for that. Not to forget to mention the great food. Yes the mussels were delicious ,but let's not forget the rest of the menu ,brilliant. Our waitress was wonderful and always around to make sure everything was ok. As it was my husbands b-day they offered him a white cake with a beer sauce to die for and at the end of the evening our server came over to our table and offered us a beer shot. (guiness beer in a glass with a shot of baileys in it) We will definatly be going back.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you are looking for some amazing and delicious mussels then this is your restaurant. There has to be about twenty different ways you can have them done. You also get an order of bread and French fries and you can choose different mayo flavors to dip the fries in.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went with a group of 5. We made a reservation, and were promptly seated. The menu is in French and English, good news for our multi-national group with varying French and English proficiencies. We happened to go in on Wednesday, an all-you-can-eat mussels night, though admittedly I didn't even finish my first portion (1 kilo is a lot of mussels). Those of us who wanted second portions were promptly served! The mussels were tasty (some more so than others - the European Mussels were the group favorite; the Gardiniere were the group's least favorite), the fries were tasty, and I tried two different Quebecoise microbreweries' beers at the suggestion of my friendly and knowledgeable though rarely present server.
One member of our group was seafood averse, and enjoyed a delicious and very tender chicken breast, so there are great options for non-seafood-enthusiasts! There are also a variety of salads and wild game options on the menu.

If I return to Montreal in the future, I would definitely go back. I think this place is worth a try, particularly if you like beer and mussels :)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

On my three day trip to Montreal, I made the rare move of eating here twice. The atmosphere is nothing special and reminds me of any brew pub. However, the menu is huge and the value is incredible. The menu had to contain at least 50 beers and thirty preparations of mussels, as well as numerous appetizers, steaks, and burgers. Each portion comes with a huge dish of French fries and house-made sweet potato chips. I had the caribou burger and the bison steak here. Both tasted great and very reasonably priced.

FYI: The burgers are cooked well done by default, so be sure to let your server know if you prefer your burgers cooked less.

1  Thank ANCAlexander
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our daughter and son-in-law took us here to eat their famous mussels and we weren't disappointed in the food. The service was something else. After waiting at least 30 minutes after placing our order, the server came by and said it would be another 15 - 20 minutes and breezed away with no explanation. After yet another 15 minutes, during which he studiously avoided us, I grabbed his attention and was told it would be another 10 minutes or so, still with no explanation. He did offer "to do something with the bill". Once the mussels came - they have about 20 different flavours", we were all delighted. The compensation was two free pieces of an amazing cake made with rum and beer. Oh yes, they have over 100 beers from around the world and special glasses for most of them. I would go back there again on the theory that it was just a one-time screw up. Situated in a converted bank building the windows gave it a vaguely monastic look, perfect for the Belgian beers.