“Elegance and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellagio Ristorante - CLOSED

Bellagio Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
CT
“Elegance and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Went to Bellagio with my wife for a special occasion. Nice atmosphere, attentive service. Breadsticks. Olives, and complementary bruschetta before dinner. Great portions and very fresh food. Veal dishes were excellent. Complementary fruit and nuts after dinner. Wait staff assignments are flexible, so sometimes it's challenging to know who your waiter is. Overall - excellent food at better than fair prices.

New York City, New York
“Worst food I've ever had, hands down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I guess I am spoiled because I live in NYC, having been at some of the best restaurants in the world. I have no words to describe the food at this place, which was recommended by the concierge from our hotel. WOW. Our food, including pasta & chicken parm came out 5 minutes after we ordered, which means pasta was pre-cooked. The menu was way too big, too many choices which typically means the food will not be good. My basic mixed salad was the most tasteless dish I've ever had. There were 6 of us and every single dish was disgusting. Just stay away!!! Tourist trap. But those of you who have no clue about fine dining will probably enjoy this place.

• Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

The meal was just superb - great steak, vegetables cooked to perfection - the complimentary courses, a starter of bruschetta and a cheese and fruit platter were a surprise and really added to our enjoyment of the evening. The service was so professional. Great experience.

Visited June 2012
New Hampshire
“Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

The service is top notch. If you're looking for a classy old style restaurant - which is hard to find in most restaurants nowadays - you should go to Bellagio. My husband was asking them once if they can make the Linguine con le Vongole with white sauce (they have one with red sauce in the menu) and the server said,"No problem" and guess what? that was the best linguine with clam (white sauce) we have ever had! that dish is to die for. Since then, we've been there for many times - we took our friends from Boston, my in-laws from VT and family from NY to this place and they were all pleased by the food and the service of this restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Igoe D
Muret, France
“Super service but à étage food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Service is very friendly and really efficient. All efforts are done to make you feel comfortable.
Atmosphere is quite cosy even if a little old fashioned.

I chose the "table d'hote" formula.
You cannot complain about quantity of food. Every item is huge. And you are offered some bread with tomatoes as a pre-starter and a cup of fresh fruits on top of your dessert...

But honestly, the quality of the products is questionable... My carpaccio was not made from fresh meat (industrial slices of beef under vacuum). And my osso bucco, even though it was a very large portion, was too much orange flavored. And I would have preferred some pasta instead of steamed vegetables to go with it.

Certainly a good deal if you stick to simple traditional italian recipes (pasta...).