“Not very memorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaver Club - CLOSED

Beaver Club
Cuisines: French, American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Mansfield
Description: Grâce à sa riche histoire, son ambiance feutrée et sa cuisine raffinée, Le Beaver Club est une destination gastronomique appréciée des Montréalais et des touristes depuis plus de 50 ans. Le Chef exécutif Alain Pignard s’inspire des meilleurs produits du terroir québécois pour élaborer des menus inventifs à l’image de nos saisons. Le restaurant propose des tables d’hôte et des menus de dégustation ainsi que des plats de haute cuisine à la carte. Thanks to its unique history, elegant ambiance and gourmet cuisine, the Beaver Club is a memorable gourmet destination appreciated by locals and international guests alike. Executive Chef Alain Pignard is known for his creative and modern cuisine inspired by the best local ingredients from the season. The Beaver Club offers table d’hôte and tasting menus as well as à la carte dishes showcasing the bounty of Québec.
Laval, Canada
“Not very memorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend too me out to the Beaver Club for our one-year anniversary. It was a good evening out, but quite frankly, not as exceptionnal as I thought it would be when thinking about a restaurant relation to the Queen Elizabeth hotel.

Parking around there is nearly impossible, thought luckilly, the hotel has a valet service (I didn't pay attention to how much the service cost but close to 30$, plus whatever tip you give the valet). The decor, while nice, is pretty generic, typical hotel restaurant decor and in no way remarkable.

The service is very good, though I wouldn't call it exceptionnal (only because of the fact that it took several minutes for the waiter to pick up our plates after we were finished eating, which bothers ME a great deal but my boyfriend actually likes it better that way as he feels less pressured).

The food, while very good, was barely a notch above resturants suck as The Keg, so that was disapointing. My steak was done exactly as I has requested it but the exterior was charred and the whole piece of meat tasted burnt :(

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MissAlexx

El Paso, Texas
“Fantastic Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate here while staying at the hotel. The service and food was outstanding. I have never experienced such personal attention and attention to details. I would now consider this my favorite restaurant. The manager was very pleasent to talk to and he made us feel special and welcome. We will be defiantly coming back.

• Visited November 2013
Adirondacks, NY
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a waste of a good dining opportunity. Service was absolutely horrible on a Saturday night. Seemed to have 1 waiter that ran between the bar and food service. Ordered the cod which was undercooked and had to be sent back, the foie gras was so overcooked it was like calve's liver. My wife clearly made known a carrot allergy yet the plate arrived with carrots. Had to keep signaling for the waiter to get a wine glass refill which we needed for this LONG wait. We were not the only ones who were unhappy and tired of waiting. Even took 20 minutes to try and get the check. As a lingering disappointment we were dying of thirst when we got back to the hotel...maybe a little too much salt on the food???

The menu lacked good choices...pretty basic and nothing I would say that you couldn't cook better at home. There were so many other restaurants we could have gone to for a good meal but we wanted to try something different. What a waste-

• Visited October 2013
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Beaver Club, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear DrichC - We were extremely surprised to read the details of your recent dining experience with us. We're very sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations and we would like to better address the concerns you expressed. This is highly unsual and certainly not in keeping with the experience we provide to our patrons. Please contact us at qeh.hotel@fairmont.com as we would appreciate obtaining additional information regarding your visit so that appropriate actions can be taken. Looking forward to discussing the situaiton further with you. Thanks and regards.
Ottawa, Canada
“Friendly, efficient service, great food, wonderful extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was very impressed with this restaurant. I was warmly and promptly greeted upon my arrival. The waiter was almost immediately at my table with the menus. The Maitre D' also stopped by.
Within minutes of sitting down I was poured some spring water. Almost as soon as I had ordered I was brought some bread and butter. I was quite surprised when the waiter brought me a canapé of lobster and coconut milk and curry.
I quickly received my wonderful seafood salad. It had copious amounts of seafood (lobster, snow crab, shrimp).
As I was enjoying my peppermint tea, they brought me some small amuse-bouche (orange macaron, praliné chocolate, dark chocolate truffle, maple filled chocolate).
Although the Beaver Club is definitely not an inexpensive restaurant, the price is well worth the service, quality of food, and extras that are offered.

• Visited October 2013
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Beaver Club, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear cornyo - Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. The entire team was thrilled to read your feedback and we thank you for sharing your comments regarding the food quality and the friendly service. We hope you will visit us again soon. Warmest regards.
Ottawa, Canada
“Old Fashioned Elegance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

After spending a pretty awful evening at the highly touted Maison Boulud, we were pleased to find ourselves in the lovely ambiance of the Beaver Club at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. In contrast to the previous evening, seating was spacious and very comfortable.

Both the service and food were far superior to what we experienced at Maison Boulud. While the waiter was less than completely fluent in English, he made up for this fact with great attention to our needs. Our first courses were an outstanding Lobster Bisque and a excellent timbale of lobster and scallops. Our second courses, perfectly cooked black cod and artic char, arrived in a reasonable period of term after finishing the first courses.

All in all, a lovey evening.

• Visited October 2013
Dear byrddawg - Thank you for your recent visit to the Beaver Club restaurant. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your dining experience with us, from the ambiance, the food quality to the attentiveness of our waiters. We hope to see you again next time you visit Montreal. Many thanks and kindest regards.