“Bad experience more than once”

Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #269 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad experience more than once”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Over rated for simple food. The service was very slow. I felt ignored when I order non-alcoholic drinks. Staff was not friendly. They want to move you out as soon as possible.

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“So boring”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It is a chain of restaurant with all of the bad things that comes with being part of a chain...it is good when you need to have a quick lunch but do not go for a special occasion with the loved one...it is just too ordinary...

Visited September 2012
Setauket, New York
“Something is missing”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We are from New York visiting Montreal for the first time, staying at the Hyatt. Since it's 6 degrees out we wanted to dine at a restaurant that was connected to our hotel -- namely the Complexe Desjardin mall. Being that there are only four sit-down restaurants in this mall we'd figure to give this Bston Rouge a try. While the place was busy, justifying our choice, it seemed that the food was just, for lack of a better word, okay. The $34 filet was not bad but far from Ruth's Chris quality. My wife's chicken was also good but not knock-yer-socks off. I believe if the bill was discounted 20% I'd say it was worth it. But I can't. FWIW, I never like a waitress who takes a drink order and food order for three without writing anything down. Invariably something is missing and that was borne out -- my cocktail was wrong and the steak never came with the sauces I requested. Oh well. To quote my uncle: it didn't suck. But we'll look elsewhere next time we're here.

1 Thank Ibilkut
Montreal
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What I like about this place is the atmosphere, the good service, the good food, the plaisantness and the fact that all Baton Rouge's give the same classy service. It is one of the places I value and refer to, and brag about. I have many memories of all there restaurants in Montreal.

Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canda
“Classic food - very good”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are many Baton Rouge's around town. This restaurant is family friendly, party friendly, date friendly. Ambiance is nice, clean, all wood place. Ribs, steaks and chicken are what this place is known for.

Visited October 2012