“Nice place for a late meal”
Review of Au Bistro Gourmet 2 - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Au Bistro Gourmet 2
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Wales, UK
“Nice place for a late meal”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had just returned from a long day trip to Quebec city and our hotel recommended Au Bistro Gourmet which was a two minute walk away. We didn't know it was a bring your own wine/beer place until we were seated, but the store just down the road helped out and the waiting staff treated our purchases as if they had supplied them. We arrived late but were made to feel very welcome and the service was excellent, as was the food. We had the set menu which included soup/salad and we left very happy with the whole package.

• Visited September 2012

Manchester, Missouri
“Surprise”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just steps from our hotel Le Meredian, a small chef-owner restaurant with an excellent menu and service. BYOB. They offer a two course fixed menu that was great, in cost, choices and quality.

• Visited August 2012
Laval
“Excellent resto”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's very very nice. I've been going to this place for years, and have never been dissapointed. Nice that you can bring your own wine (The Saint-Mathieu location),

• Visited July 2012
Venice, Italy
“Authentic French Cuisine in Montreal”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staff members from my hotel (Le Meridien, Montreal) suggested this bistro which is located close to the hotel. Apparently there are two Au Bistro Gourmet in the city. This restaurant was located at 2100, Rue St-Mathieu. I was pleased to find an enticing menu with a few of the classics of French cuisine. The local is nicely decorated, however, tables are rather close to one another limiting privacy/dinner conversation. You can also dine on a few tables located outside, on the sidewalk. Table settings are average, complete with a paper tablecloth covering a real tablecloth. It is a "bistro" so I guess this is suitable. Service was very attentive and receives high marks from me.

The food was excellent, both in flavor and presentation. Unbeknownst to me, Au Bistro Gourmet does not serve wine or liquors. My waiter suggested a nearby convenience store which sells wines and beers. I left to get a bottle of wine, as did several other patrons. My waiter opened my purchased bottle and brought a bucket of ice to keep it cool.

You can select either a soup or salad which is included with all entrees. My salad was generous and tasty, with fresh greens and a nice dressing. My main dish was the Cassolette Fruit Mer (mixed seafood dish) which I was surprised to see served with a tomato cream base which, worked well for the flavor. The dish included mussels, clams, sea scallops, shrimp and squid and it is served with a side dish of roasted assorted fresh vegetables and a potato puree`. I concluded my meal with a Tarte Aux Pommes (apple tart) which was nice and served with a small dollop of fresh whipped cream. Prices are on the high side, but the quality of food is worthy of such prices.

• Visited July 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've never been to this...”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I've never been to this location, but their one on St Mathieu is awesome. Especially love the duck confit!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook