“Two words: tuna special”
Review of Restaurant Miyako - CLOSED

Restaurant Miyako
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed May 7, 2014

At first glance, this restaurant seems like any other sushi restaurant. However, once you've had a first taste of the tuna special (which does not appear on the menu...) you will see the difference. The tuna is a crusted and seared slices of tuna served on a delicious, creamy and slightly spicy peanut sauce. It is to die for.

I go to Miyako for this dish every time I'm in the city, without fail. The other items I've tried are also all quite good to very good (especially the Saigon roll).

1  Thank revolushun

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my last dinner at Miyako. Everything that was served tonight seemed to be a pale copy of a long forgotten past. Not in my list of favorites anymore!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This review is mostly based on the very last moment experience; I made the semi-conscious yet very personal choice of not giving any tips - and I have slaved in the service industry and I felt and sweat drop - and the waiter came out and yelled at us that we did not pay any tips! Our bill was close to 200 CAD for 4 people. It is a biased review but...anyways everything else was at most average.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ordered a wide variety of items, most of which were decent: the amaebi (sweet shrimp) sashimi melted in the mouth, and the uni (sea urchin) tasted quite fresh, although I was unimpressed by the overcooked soft-shell crab. The service was brusque and our waitress seemed stressed even though the restaurant was only half full. The other diners had all left by around 9, which we found unusually early for Montreal, and the cooks and waitress started tidying up soon after. Our waitress actually had her coat on by 9:30, so we took the unsubtle hint and left. Not an experience I plan to repeat soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great place, nice decoration, a little over priced but it's worth it. If u go u MUST have the tuna special, I don't know what's in the sauce but it is delicious. I also recommend the pizza Miyako and the Montreal roll. Be patient, service is not as good as it should be and waiters are somehow rude but the food makes me keep going. Restrooms need a little renovation....