“OK sushi, off-putting service”
Review of Restaurant Miyako - CLOSED

Restaurant Miyako
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Montreal, Canada
“OK sushi, off-putting service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ordered a wide variety of items, most of which were decent: the amaebi (sweet shrimp) sashimi melted in the mouth, and the uni (sea urchin) tasted quite fresh, although I was unimpressed by the overcooked soft-shell crab. The service was brusque and our waitress seemed stressed even though the restaurant was only half full. The other diners had all left by around 9, which we found unusually early for Montreal, and the cooks and waitress started tidying up soon after. Our waitress actually had her coat on by 9:30, so we took the unsubtle hint and left. Not an experience I plan to repeat soon.

• Visited August 2013

“Very nice!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great place, nice decoration, a little over priced but it's worth it. If u go u MUST have the tuna special, I don't know what's in the sauce but it is delicious. I also recommend the pizza Miyako and the Montreal roll. Be patient, service is not as good as it should be and waiters are somehow rude but the food makes me keep going. Restrooms need a little renovation....

• Visited July 2013
Montreal
“Amazing sushi”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend and I met for dinner here before seeing a concert at Olympia. The variety of the menu was appealing, and the sushi was well seasoned and delicious. We shared about 6 different rolls, and they were all tasty. The salmon sashimi was great too. Service was so-so. We waited slightly too long to get the check, nonetheless the food is worth returning for. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lyonnequeen
Ottawa
“Excellent food, fair service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my second visit to Miyako. The food is really very delicious. Their tuna special is a must-try. On my first visit, I didn't know about the tuna, but noticed that every single other table had ordered it. Oddly, this very popular dish isn't on the menu at all. The sushi rolls were tasty, the nigiri was melt-in-your mouth fresh.

The prices are reasonable but not cheap. The popular tuna dish, that does not appear on the menu, is $19, which was a slightly unpleasant surprise. The service at the beginning of the meal was warm and friendly, but it did drop off after our food had been served. We waited over a half hour before the waitress even came by for us to ask for the bill. Fifteen minutes after that she still hadn't come, so I went to the counter to pay, where I had to wait another 7-8 minutes. The food is good enough to make up for this, but if you are in any kind of a hurry, you should be very assertive about getting your bill.

Visited March 2013
“Amazinnnng”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Hi can someone please tell me how to make the sauce that goes with the special tuna at miyako
Thank you!