“Excellent Japanese food for the entire family”
Review of Restaurant Miyako - CLOSED

Restaurant Miyako
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The food and service were excellent and my kids (9 & 5) both enjoyed their meals.

I highly recommend this restaurant for its authenticity, decor & quality. It is definitely affordable and in-line (cost wise) with other Japanese restaurants in other major cities

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I live just up the street from Miyako and have probably eaten there about 20 times over the past five years. For us this is a real local stand-by and the food is consistantly of the best quality. The staff do not put on aires of being supper friendly, they are there to serve in the traditional japanese sense of serving others in a public place. The atmosphere is simple, not flashy, always clean and unpretentious. If you want to sit in one of the tatami rooms you will need a reservation, they are always occupied whenever we go. One item we go to Miyako for specifically is the Soft Shell Crab which is excellent and holds the standard for this dish at every other Japanese restaurant we visit. This is good value for consistant cuisine and I do not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank LoveToTravelQC
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to my biggest enemy! Our waitress brushed us off from the second we stepped in the door, almost walked away as we asked a couple of questions about the menu then disappeared when we wanted to place our order. It was me and my friend and all of my friends food came at once followed by mine about 5 minutes later. There was sooo much mayonnaise in everything and my friends tempura specialty role was literally inedible (it looked like fried chicken) and it came with a sauce they called a "special sauce" which was soya sauce and ketchup. While we were putting on our shoes (we ate in a tatami) the waitress asked me to move out of the way so she could get my cash. They were rude and impatient and the food was horrible. Stay away!!!

1  Thank jbjb2009
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I just ate here tonight after reading a few decent write ups on this site. The sushi was OK at best, some of the rolls were uneatable (do not go NEAR the tempura specialty roll!) while the rest were merely passable. The real takeaway though was the service - rude, unhelpful and curt. Our waitress could not have cared one iota less about helping us with our choices and stood out to both me and my dining partner as the rudest waitress we can ever remember having. It's to the point where I've taken the time to open a tripadvisor account just to warn others about this place. Steer very clear of this place.

1  Thank Dom K
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Wonderful sushi. Good service.