“Favorite Seafood in Montreal”
Review of Milos

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St. - Viateur
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Milos is definitely one of my favorite restaurants (top 3!) The ambiance is wonderful, you really feel as though you hoped on a plane and just landed in Greece.

The food is to die for. Sure, the fish dishes are rather "basic"... However, there is nothing basic about the quality of the ingredients, or the expertise in cooking them. Everything is absolutely fresh! You can even pick your own fish right before your eyes, they are that confident with what they serve you.

The service is simply perfect. I remember dropping my knife and not having enough time to bend to pick it up, a waiter had already rushed to my side, taking it away and promptly giving me a new one within seconds. You need help removing the fish's meat from the bones? No problem, they'll do it for you :)

The place is quite expensive, do bring your wallet and don't let the price be a stopper, you won't find any other place quite like it.

1  Thank MontrealAce

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've been to Milos several times and always enjoyed but this time was disappointing.
Had the Milos special and Greek salad as appetizers. The tomatos were not ripe and had very few cucumbers - $26...
Main dish was the sea bass encrusted with salt. Was tasty but $100... Not worth it.
Not a restaurant to visit often.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I thought I would treat my mother and daughter to a nice lunch. We went to Milos, a well-known Greek restaurant: well-known for its quality food and even more well-known for its prices! They have a very good lunch menu for just over $25.00 per person which includes an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. All plates that we sampled were well-presented and done to perfection. Luckily, you can buy wine by the glass because the cheapest bottle of white was $50.00. (The most expensive Chardonnay was $1650.00 - I did a double-take!) The restaurant is very nicely decorated with the inside looking like a street scene in Mykonos. Although we really enjoyed our lunch, there were two minuses: the noise level made it hard to have a conversation. The second minus was that no one took ownership of our table. I had to ask to order even though we had our menus for a very long time. I also had to ask to pay. We had several different waiters during the course of the lunch. I would go back for lunch because it is such a good deal. I'll have to wait to win the lottery to be able to afford supper and to buy that bottle of Chardonnay!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What makes this terrible is the utter lack of creativity. Admittedly, the food was nicely cooked, but so very simple that one questions what makes it worth the expense. An OK crabcake; salad: nothing special with a sprinkling of feta to call it Greek. Decent sardines. Decent calamari. Very bony fish, potato, steamed unadorned broccoli for the main course. Itsy bitsy duo of lambchops, 1/2 potato, broccoli. Save your money for a place worthy of your dollars.

4  Thank Ruby05346
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Milos was suggested to us by the Ritz where we were staying. We went as a group of 4 on the 23rd before Christmas. They were extremely busy. When we arrived we were seated at the bar and right away ordered drinks. They make an excellent Bloody Ceasar. Shortly after we were seated at our table. We took advice from our waiter and ordered a few different items. Two that I remember were the stone crabs and the oysters. Both were beautifully prepared. My husband had the Dover Sole and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Dessert was Fantastic, we ordered several to share. They are known for their baklava and it is truly a must try. I am usually not a big fan of baklava but this is not your everyday baklava. Astounding!!!! I will definitely return next time we are in Montreal!!!