“Good but not so Greek”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St. - Viateur
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Dined here with friends on last visit to Montreal. Mistakenly walked in to similarly named restaurant across the street. This is a very homey Mediterranean restaurant. The menu is not extensive and does not have the expected Greek classics like souvlaki or moussaka but what it does have is quite delicious. The "Greek" salad was excellent, the tomatoes are a locally grown greenhouse tomato and full of flavour. There are several fish selections. One friend enjoyed the cooked sardines and another had the halibut. We ordered the grilled octopus and it was tender and tasty, one of the best grilled cephalopods I have had. I had a prawn appetizer as well good but nothing special. The service was very pleasant and accommodating. The place is quite pricey for the fare. Very nice dining experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Held rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding....food was fresh and wonderfully prepared, service was excellent. Genevieve made sure that everything was handled without a hitch. Perfect start to a wedding weekend. Thank you, Merci, Efcharisto.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I knew going in that this was going to be a pricey dinner but did not expect how expensive. Appetizers like calamari are > $20 for a small plate. The night we were there they had a tasting dinner that I decided to have. My wife wanted an appetizer of sardines and one of their display fishes baked. We were then told that they were out of sardines and the whole fishes were only for 2. So she settled for 2nd choices. My tasting menu was excellent except for the entree part which was halibut that was poached an a broth and had no taste.
Their famopus salad was excellent but not worth the price. Overall the food was very good but I would NOT go back. Dinner with only 1 glass of wine came close to $280 and IMO was worth about $150.

1  Thank Philpoo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What more can I say about Milos than "simply delicious"! Eveything that I have eaten in this restuarant screams fresh and quality! This is not a restaurant that you go to for fancy food, but it is a restaurant that has excellent food AND service. The staff is very efficient and friendly. Dinner is really pricey, but lunch is a great deal at around $20 per. We went there tiwice in a row this week. If you do go for lunch there is no valet parking, but we did not have any trouble finding a spot on the street. We eat out A LOT and have pretty discerning palettes, I used to own a restaurant and we live on a French island, so we "know" food. Other that the price, I don't see how someone could be disappointed with this restaurant.

1  Thank fraiche60
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hit upon Milos by checking out Trip Advisor reviews. Was not expecting the very high quality ingredients, flavor and best-in-class preparation of the food. A simple tomato salad (one is definitely enough for two persons) set the tone. Unbelievable tasty tomatoes with red onions and pepperoncini tossed in a Greek olive oil and vinegar dressing: heavenly. Not being big on fish my companion and I decided on the same entrée, the pasta with lobster. A great tomato cream sauce and delectable lobster, well above any similar dish I have ever had. When I return to Montreal, I will return to Milos and have fish--this looks like what they specialize in. A grand seafood case displays great samples of fish, diners continually paraded up to the case to choose their dinner. I definitely recommend this and wish I had noticed earlier, even though my entrée was superb. Efficient and pleasant service and an attractive space nowhere near stuffy. Milos may be a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for and here you get the best.