“Music To Want You to Escape”
Review of Angelo's - CLOSED

Angelo's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“Music To Want You to Escape”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I reserved for Saturday night for me and a date hoping to enjoy our meal to the background music of the gentleman who played the piano at the piano bar for the past four years. Unfortunately, he had left Angelo's and replaced with a young DJ. This young DJ has not the slightest clue what fine background music to a fine dinning experience is all about. We sat unfortunately under very loud speakers and with the volume set were unable to hear each other speak nor could we easily communicate with our servers short of yelling. The choice of music was totally inappropriate for a place like this and diametrically contrary to the pleasant sounds of the pianoman heard on previous visits. It was loud rock much like you hear in a high school dance with an emphasis on base and drums beating sounds. An Aspirin could have been a source of relief to that blaring sound. Hardly anyone would dance as most people were busy talking at decibels far in excess of the norm. We could not wait to get out of this place and went on to skip on coffee and tea. The food as always was good. The music was a killer. Thank goodness the exit was nearby.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Howard L
skyres, Public Relations Manager at Angelo's, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the music @ Angelos. Unfortunately the table you had was in the middle of the dance floor .We do however have tables that are better suited for quiet dinners.
We are please that you enjoyed the food as always . We hope to better accommodate you on your next visit

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The appetizers were very good. There was 20 of us and our waitress was amazing. Everyone loves the calamari and my steak was really good. The restaurant is not fancy but the service, the food and the staff were great. Pricing was very reasonable.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank 4minuu
skyres, Public Relations Manager at Angelo's, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing Angelos!!! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

So I just wrote a review about Aix in Montreal and now wish to write a review about Angelo's Italian Restaurant.....what a great place. The service was fantastic, quick, nice guy, funny, felt like you were in italy. The food was great portions, reasonalbly priced, and served in good timing. They gave us bread and olives to start, really good olives. Ordered Veal and pasta. The standard pasta spagetti with meat sauce was really good and I never order that. We had calamari, pretty good, fresh and not over cooked. They have a piano bar and let me tell you it is lively for a piano bar. The singer/player was so good, I was so happy there. The songs you knew alot of them and he was full of energy. I can not express how much I loved this place, best Italian ever...the place was nice, good service, good food and great energy. We left there to go to a night club and I love to dance, but I missed Angelo's.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lisa S
Ottawa, Canada
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Wasn't the hotels recommended location but was a real surprise. Booked it due to other reviews and agree with the ratings. Very good food and great value. If a piano bar is not your cup of tea you might find it a bit loud. A definite return spot.

1 Thank bkjn
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Mediocre food, great service”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We went for a late dinner while visiting Montreal from Saratoga. The atmosphere was nice and we sat outside on an unseasonably warm night in October. The food, in my opinion, was mediocre. We had a chicken parm and the manicotti and I have had better of both. However, the staff was very friendly and our waiter was awesome. Very funny and a great dancer! Later in the night they turned the music up and the dancing began. I would come back again, but probably only for drinks

1 Thank laclou311