“Really Awesome”
Review of Europea

Europea
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and i friend we went here for a nice dinner. Its was really really good. We recommended the small set menu for first timer. Also the wine concierge was amazing at matching the wine.. The service was also spectacular. It is expensive but worth it.

Jean T, Restaurant Manager at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Chakrit M,

Thank you for your last visit on February 2014 and for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I`m glad you had a great time with us and ours Sommeliers. They always have good advices.

We look forward to serving you again,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We are food lover and we went a lot of great restaurants (Michelin star restaurant,too)in the world.
In fact I didn't highly expect for this restaurant before we go.(Sorry)
But!! This restaurant is one of the best restaurant in my life!!
We tried $109 prix-fixe menu.
It was fabulous!!
If we eat same menu in Paris,NY and Tokyo,you have to pay double price!!
We will go back to Montreal for only this restaurant.
Thank you for the great service and great foods!!

このレストランの演出は、本当に素晴らしいです。一つ一つのお皿が、本当にショーのようです。是非、コースメニューを食べてください!
美味しいのはもちろん、目にも演出にも大満足です。デザートも、食べきれないぐらいでてきます。しかも、とっても素敵な演出です。食べきれないぶんは、お土産にして帰りに持って帰れます。
あと、最近、婚約して家を買ったので、そのお祝いを彼に内緒で御礼をしたいので、何か演出して頂けませんか。と事前にメールでお願いしていたら、最高の席を用意して頂き、シェフにまで紹介してくださいました。他の方も、書かれていましたが、マネージャーのJeanさんは奥様が日本人で、ご本人も日本に長年住まれていたそうで、完璧な日本語を話されます。
このレストランに行くためだけに、またモントリオールに行きます!笑
本当にありがとうございました!

Jean T, Restaurant Manager at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear 0nanako sama,

Thank you very much for your first visit at the restaurant Europea in April 2014. I was nice to meet with both of you and I hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Montreal. It was nice to speak in Japanese with you and your husband.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

From the moment you enter, you are made to feel like royalty. Your every need is catered to. A box was laid by my feet for my purse. A personal thank you note for dining with them was delivered to our table. One food surprise after another kept appearing. Restaurant is expensive, but well worth it.
You do not really need to order the &109 degustation menu or table d'hote for $79 as you will be full just ordering a la carte and enjoying so many gourmet food surprises, like lobster bisque in demi tasse cups, cheese sticks, lollipops of cheese, popcorn in truffle oil,beef crisps hanging on clothes lines, scallop with mango that looked like fried egg, gravlax smoking in a library book, cucumber foam,, dessert tree with cotton candy, cookies, madeleines and a huge meringue to take home, etc. We ordered foie gras served on a hot stone, with cider and apples and cranberries, and langoustine risotto. Entrees were scallops and short rib. Service was impeccable, but not snobby. This was the BEST meal ever !

1  Thank MIAMISHEILA

Dear MIAMISHEILA,

On Behalf the Restaurant Europea I would like to thank you for your testimonial. Coming from you with over 730 comments written on TripAdvisor it`s mean a lot. As you say every customers will feel very special if they come to our restaurant. The reason? We love what we are doing.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate at Europea and had the degustation menu. This totalled 15 courses and each one was delicious and served with real theatre (I would detail them but don't want to spoil the surprise). We agreed that it was definitely the best meal we had ever had. The wine is expensive for what you get, but was very nice. Our only complaint was that we had to ask to have the wine decanted (sounds picky but should be automatic with certain wines) but this is a pretty minor gripe and the service overall was impeccable. We couldn't recommend Europea highly enough, definitely worth the price!

Jean T, Restaurant Manager at Europea, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Richard H,

Thank you very much for your visit in April 2014 and your feedback about the wine.

We look forward to serving you again,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hello,

I never write review but after what happened at this restaurant, I had to write one. I was a regular customer there (3-4 times a year) but my last experience will stop me of going there.
I was there with my wifes and another couple. Service and food was as good as usual. But during the night and the next day, 3 of us were sick from food poisoning. My wife is a doctor and she confirmed food poisoning based on symptoms and all.
I did sent an email to the restaurant explaining the situation, just so they can make a investigation of why it happened and to let them know that other customers might have this problem. I was expecting an email stating they are sorry and will look into it. After a week and a bit more, no email or anything yet. I sent them another email with the first one attached, telling them I expected an excuse or something and it's not a way to treat customer. They answered the next morning stating they never received it and that they are sorry for the food poisoning and the bug in their system for the first email, and they offered me a gift certificate.
I answered that I understood the situation and I believed them, and sent them my coordinate for the gift certificate. When I got the letter, I opened it and start laughing. They offered me a 50$ gift certificate with no excuse letter or anything. We spent over a 1000$ and got food poisoning and they give us 50$... When you know that a lunch there is more then 50$ including tax and tip, I believe this is a real lack of respect for their customers. This is not a way to treat a customer, and I will never go back there.
There is so many good restaurant in Montreal, I'd rather spend my money where I feel respected and treated well.
They could have just replied on my first email that they were sorry and that would have been fine.
Also, they could have at least include a little note with there gift certificate..

I hope they will learn from this and treat their customer in a better way.

A really disapointed customer...

17  Thank jeunepiche

Dear jeunepiche,

First and Foremost I would like to apologize on behalf the Group Europea for not having answered on time to your email.

You came on Friday March 7th during the Dinner time. On that night we had 88 customers and 47 did order the same menu. We did not receive any others complains that the reason we still believe that is not a Food poisoning but probably a Gastroenteritis. Food poisoning and Gastroenteritis have the same symptoms. Also too much food and too much wine can have exactly the same effect so it can be also an indigestion. It's very easy to use strong words or adjectives when somebody have a stomach cramp, diarrhoea and/or vomiting.

You decided to use TripAdvisor to show your anger, we dicided to use your comment to reinforce our Quality Control.