Review of Europea

Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 6,004 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This restaurant blow me away its my 6th time that I go there and the food is impeccable the service is Excellent the presentation is OUTSTANDING I do recommend anyone to go there and they won't be disappointed...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

OK, so the food here is amazing and it probably justifies it's high rating on TA, which is the reason my wife and I went. The lobster appetiser was delicious and overall the service and food was of the highest quality. My only complaint is that the chefs were trying just a bit hard, and bombarded us with additional mini bites before our appetiser and between each course, so much so that by the time our entree arrived I was quite full. I foolishly then ordered desert, only to find it accompanied by another trio off freebies. Memo to Chef - stop trying to show off with the extra courses and let the menu be the star.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant is truly unique in its creativity and style. From the moment we were seated we were each offered 5 amuse bouches that were as interesting as they were delicious. This was before we even saw a menu or a wine list. In total we were treated to a total of 10 amuse bouches before receiving our main courses, it's a wonder that they sell any appetizers at all at this rate. My main course was a cornish hen cooked in an iron pot filled with hay and herbs, which was brought to our table in the iron pot before it was prepared for my plate. We did not order any dessert but received 5 mini-desserts along with some cookies, brioche and other goodies to take home. I wish we could give this restaurant a higher rating than 5, because it deserves a 10. Absolute perfection.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a restaurant that everyone living or visiting Montreal must try at least once. The Chef's sampling menu and wine pairing is an adventure in culinary experience not to be missed. Every dish is unique. All the staff is informative and well educated on each dish. It is pricey, but well worth it. Allow at least two hours for dinner. And even though it is samplers, there are 10plus courses and you will be full by the end. Amazing restaurant.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This dinner will be a memorable experience. We counted 12 additional gift courses. These were creative and fun. The dinner was over three hours. The staff was ever present and friendly. The presentations were imaginative. As big foodies we were surprised at how bland many were. The Salmon was a huge hit but the beef was not as tender as it might of been. There are only a couple of vegetarian items and they were not great. I would not bring a vegetarian there again. But the total experience was well worth it.