“A feast for the senses”
Review of Europea

Europea
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 5,854 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked the restaurant for my wife's birthday whilst visiting Montreal based on previous reviews and was not disappointed. The experience is incredible and made my wife's birthday celebration complete. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel special by the very attentive staff. The food is a culinary masterpiece which appeals to all your senses from the moment the first amuse bouche is served through to the last course. OK some of the ideas are a little off the wall eg the smoked salmon tartlet served in a closed book which when opened lets out puffs of smoke but that just lends to the experience. We think we had 10 separate dishes on top of the courses we ordered from the a la carte menu (they just keep coming!) and are all sublime. This restaurant deserves its standing amongst the world's best and for a special occasion will not disappoint. Yes it is expensive and yes the wine list does veer towards the higher end of the market but for that level of quality, innovation and service you don't get cheap. Highly recommended

1  Thank geordie9Kent
There are newer reviews for Europea

Reviewed April 26, 2013

this was a great experience! Tons of fun, and rather extraordinary. It was not at all your average dinner, but more like dinner and a show. We never knew what was coming next. I highly recommend this restaurant for couples or young lovers looking for an adventure.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is indescribably delicious. They give every customer their highest attention and the presentation is magnificent! There is a very European, modern but cozy vibe within the restaurant. I tried their most popular items at the time according to the waiter, which was the calamari appetizer and the veal entree - both were 'melt in your mouth' amazing! As others have mentioned, the "extras'' they bring out are all a surprise and I loved every one of them! I can't remember them all but these were my favorites: Parmagian & goat cheese lollipop, fried cheese "cigar," crispy prosciutto, lobster bisque cappuccino, and various desserts.

Reservations are basically required.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited Europea for our 10th wedding anniversary. We reserved the chef's table and ordered the tasting menu as well as the wine pairing. As others have stated, each course was uniquely presented with many surprises along the way. The food quality was excellent. There were one or two items that were not my favorite (can everyone really like everything?), but I really enjoyed the cuisine overall. I was also impressed by the wine pairings as I thought they did a nice job selecting combinations that really complemented one another (I wish more restaurants did this). I also must say that our waiter was outstanding and provided impeccable service (kudos, Michael!). Yes, it is really expensive (we expected that), but this is just a quick dinner - it's a 3 hour experience. We had a wonderful evening and I would love to return for another special occasion.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having known this restaurant by reputation, we finally decided to splurge and treat ourselves to the Europea experience. Upon our arrival, we were well greeted by the maitre d' and as we sat at our table, there was a small note in an envelope from the chef Ferrer greeting us and wishing us a nice evening. The restaurant is small, intimate, romantic. The menu had many dishes à la carte and 2 menus de dégustation. One was of 4 courses and the other, nine or more courses. I think you need a hearty appetite for the second; as for our part we had the 4 courses menu and with the goodies in between each course, it was a beautiful meal. The dishes are presented in an original way, from the clothes line prosciutto to the sunny side up egg lookalike desert. The food was fresh flavorful, especially the cappuccino lobster, scallops, and veal. The wine list was extensive, service attentive, with many smiles.
We would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion (it was my birthday) or if you are in town and prepare to be surprised by the flavors and colors of each dish.

1  Thank Toogreat