“Food is good but ... , portions small, no service.”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #149 of 5,854 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Breakfast Brunch and Lunch . A la Carte Choices with Eggs theme . Serve Pasta, Salad, Appetizers, Desserts, Fruit Smoothies and everything that's Eggs.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Service: they sit you, take your order and bring the check. That's about it. They don't ask if you want more coffee with your breakfast or if you need anything else.

Food: Tastes good but portions are small. My wife and I ordered an omellete each. Their 3 eggs omelletes look and feel like 2 eggs. For a $12 omellete, you expect more. We had to share 3 slices of bread with 1 small jam and 1 small peanut butter. The worse part is that each and every single plate has week old slices of pineapple and melon and dry grapefruit! Do yourself a favor, don't eat the fruits served with your meal. I believe they just recycle them and put them on new plates.

Overall: Food tastes good (don't eat the old dry fruits served with your meal) but expect to pay a lot for not too much food and no service. It's pretty much the Montreal way; cheap.

1  Thank Todd J
There are newer reviews for Eggspectation

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A very diverse and creative menu, interesting watching people drinking beer at 9:00 am! My son and I had a very nice egg breakfast, the French toast was perfect, caramelized slightly and served with real maple syrup, poached eggs cooked perfectly, superb coffee. Good service and very fair prices. Lovely.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

There was a pretty long line however it went very quickly and we were seated in no time. The service was great and the food was EXCELLENT! I had the "eggchilada" and I've been craving it ever since. My boyfriend really enjoyed his meal as well, and he is a picky eater. Will definately eat here again!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had breakfast here while on a mini vacation in Montreal.
Service was ok. The waiter brought our toast out to the table well before the rest of our food. I have never seen this before and thought it was really odd. I would prefer everything to arrive at the same time...

Food was ok, nothing really stood out. - Quite ordinary.

We were seated upstairs - it was so hot and uncomfortable, we couldn't even finish our coffees.

Did not return over the course of our vacation.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had to attend a brekfast meeting. Welcome for the hostess, a man, was quite ordinary sat us down, barely looked at us or smiled. Waiter was OK but not more, food was very acceptable but nor comparable to equvalent breakfast places such as Cora. Could be that they were having a difficult morning mid week, place was NOT packed.