“Food OK Service and welcome So So”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #249 of 6,224 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Breakfast Brunch and Lunch . A la Carte Choices with Eggs theme . Serve Pasta, Salad, Appetizers, Desserts, Fruit Smoothies and everything that's Eggs.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had to attend a brekfast meeting. Welcome for the hostess, a man, was quite ordinary sat us down, barely looked at us or smiled. Waiter was OK but not more, food was very acceptable but nor comparable to equvalent breakfast places such as Cora. Could be that they were having a difficult morning mid week, place was NOT packed.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Large selection of dishes. Nice decor. Pleasant staff. Something for everyone but not REALLY special.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were a party of three arriving at the restaurant on a Sunday morning. We were quickly seated to an upstairs table. The restaurant had a relaxed, casual atmosphere. It had dimmed lighting and the wooden-paneled interior walls that gave a rustic sort of charm.

A pleasant, friendly waitress presented our menus and immediately asked what we'd like to drink. We all ordered coffees. The food arrived within 5 minutes, tops-- some of the fastest service that I had received at a restaurant for weekend breakfast.

I had ordered eggs with smoked meat. It came with two eggs, a side of baked beans, potatoes, toast, and a fruit garnish (a slice of cantaloupe and pineapple). Smoked meat seems to be a Montreal specialty. It's similar to American-style corned-beef-- but really much softer and tastier like seasoned roast beef. This selection was not included on the regular lineup of breakfast items in the pages of the menu-- but printed on the inside of the menu's front cover. I'm glad that I noticed it there, and I highly recommend it! My two dining companions were pleased with their selections. I would definitely return to Eggspectation!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I had breakfast here twice on a recent trip. I ordered an omelette with smoked salmon and she ordered 2 scrambled eggs which came with homefries and grilled tomatoes. Mine was 2X as much and there was just a small amount of salmon. It was not the lox or nova I was expecting just boring smoked salmon and certainly not worth the $5 premium. The orange juice was fresh squeezed and good. The toast was thick sliced with 1 jam and 1 peanut butter. We ate here again the next day and I ordered 2 scrambled eggs and substituted fruit ($2 premium) for the potatoes and wound up with potatoes anyway and not the tomatoes which I wanted. If you want egg whites its $1.50 extra. Best to just get the basic 2 eggs and toast otherwise it gets expensive for what you are getting. Very busy and popular. Similar to but more expensive than Sunset Grill in Toronto. I prefer Cora's because of the more varied menu.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Luckily we arrived before brunch rush hour. Got seated quickly, not crowded tables where people elbow the next table. Service was fast, friendly and the menu options are ample. Healthy to heavy and all of it tasty as it can get! On top of that, a huge value, great portion size and then to pay easy breezy. They don't rush you to get you out, and they can have a line of people waiting for tables. Truly 1st come 1st served all the way to the end.

No doubt I will go to this place again when I get a chance. Location is in a great area, walking area so you can burn a few calories on an after brunch stroll.