“North, South, East and West - Da Vinci you ARE the best!!”

Da Vinci Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Vinci Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Between Ste. Catherine St. and Rene-Levesque Blvd.
Description: Located in a beautiful 2 floor Victorian building in the heart of Downtown Montreal and close to all hotels, 3 minutes walk from the Bell Center and entertainment venues, Da Vinci Ristorante offers its guests elegant surroundings without being pretentious.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In Montreal with my wife on a break from a week of family sadness and knowing our fondness for Italian food - a friend suggested we go to Da Vinci and forget the world for a while. Walked in on a Saturday night with no reservation, I explained the situation to the affable and charming Vincenzo. We were visiting from Barbados on the recommendation of a friend - could he help? Two seconds and I will have a table for you. However I had seen what appeared to be a rather well stocked service bar towards the rear of the restaurant and asked would it be permissible to spend a while there - "but of course no problem stay as long as you like" was the heartwarming response. Won't bore you with the details but the elderly Glenfiddich went down quite easily and Carol confirmed her drinks went down easily also. Vincenzo was by now worried that we might want to eat at the bar and was obviously relieved when we took our seats at the table. Impeccable napiery, sparkling crystal and polished silverware easily matched an interior the quality of which was from an era when attention was paid to such matters, what a a pleasant room in which to dine. Carol had a glass or two of house white, (while pleading our case to Vincenzo I had observed a a couple of cabinets housing some Grappa that would have to be tasted) so I stuck with my Glennfiddich. Carol had King Crab followed by Rack of Lamb - both rated as being in the"best I have ever had" category, I had prosciutto with parmigiano reggiano and aged Balsamic. I have never ever had prosciutto of that calibre - it was divine. I asked Uncle Vincenzo (we were family by now) for some scarpetta to mop up the balsamic remains. My main was a Veal chop cooked to pink perfection - which adjective also sums up the taste. We couldn't manage a dessert but we had a "taster" plate of canolli dressed with strawberries. Using my phone to take some photos was by now way beyond me so no photos I am sorry to say. As for the Grappa, the Cru Nonino was well received as also was a glass of Vincenzo's favourite - which name I had forgotten by the time I reached the door. Vincenzo's team were attentive, helpful and never intrusive. An extraordinary dining experience - easily one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We came as strangers left as friends - Molto bene Vincenzo - Sei il migliore. Jeremy and Carol.

3  Thank Jeremy P

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a living social to eat a 4 course meal at Da Vinci and I can say it is the best meals I've had thus far in Montreal. Excellent service (even after I mumbled that we had a voucher!) and excellent food - the rack of lamb was so juicy, tender and well spiced. I will definitely go back when I'm next in Montreal.

1  Thank obeagali
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Da Vinci seemed a bit of a snooty place where if you don't look like you have a lot of money to spend, that's how they'll treat you.

My wife and I split a 24oz steak and a rack of lamb. The steak was good. Not the best, but good. Ordered it medium rare and that's what we got.. not overcooked. We also had the scallop appetizer and THAT was VERY good!!!

For dessert we split the tartufo and it was about average for the price.

Don't expect a cheap meal here... but if you're willing to pay for a good meal, this is a good choice.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a perfect place to celebrate a special day or enjoy a quality dining experience . The service is outstanding from the second you enter until they call & alert you to your taxi's arrival . We were visiting Montreal from NY - friends recommended this place- you will not be disappointed. We had the spring salad and lamb chops - presented beautifully and cooked to perfection. Cappuccino and cannoli s ended the night . Don't miss this dining experience !

1  Thank eatouts
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a living social coupon, we made reservations for 2 at 6, we arrived early and were seated with the restaurant not ready for clients as yet. They were very kind, super service, great wine suggestion. Everyone was very kind, and professional. We will most definitely be back.

1  Thank EileenS181