“Good food at a reasonable price”
Review of Casa Minhota

Casa Minhota
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Minhota is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #627 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I live in Montreal and I freequent Casa Minhota. The food is consistently good and the service is friendly. I highly recomend the fillet mignon on a hot stone (cooked at your table) as well as the mixed grill plate. The house wine is also surprisingly good. For desert the pear stewed in white port should not be missed.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Looking for a bit of an insider restaurant in Montreal, I was suggested Casa Minhota. Not a big fan of Portuguese food, I thought I would give it a shot anyways, not without a little of apprehension.
But what a surprise! The two waiters were great, very talkative and open to cenversation, very impressive knowledge of their menu, and their confidence brought them to an outstanding performance.
A remarkable service was not the only element to my liking. The food was simply prepared, but well picked. My Filet Mignon sur la pierre was delicious.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

My most recent visit to Minhota (May 30, 2010) was a great disappointment. I had enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, in general, on two prior occasions. On this visit, our entrees (a paella and steak with fried potatoes) were mix of good and bad elements. But the worst aspect was the indifferent and perfunctory service. After taking our orders, the waiter did not visit our table again (the restaurant did not appear to be particularly busy) until we requested the bill — and even then, the waiter did not once utter the words "thank you" or convey any other welcoming gestures — even walking away after handing us an incomplete receipt -- making it unclear as to whether the transaction was complete. Perhaps the waiter (a middle aged man) somehow objected to our presence because we were not regular guests and did not speak Portuguese -- but the experience left my date and I unsatisfied, and out nearly $60. A bad experience.

2  Thank Damfino
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2008

This restaurant gets a 5 for charming friendly good service and ambience....the shrimps also get 5 stars...but unfortunately the Charbroiled COD - which is supposed to be a portugese speciality was tough, and sitting in a sauce that tasted something similar to BUTTER. Bland and not very flavourful. Nor were it's accompaniments. The cabbage soup (another speciality) was also pretty bland. Oh and it has meat in it - just to warn any vegetarians reading this. I sent it back and a better vegetable soup came back. To be fair - I AM vegetarian and I did not try any of the sausage or chicken which did look pretty good! The creamy desserts were however out of this world! Tasted like cheese cake pudding.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook