“If you like maple then this is the place to go”

Delices Erable & Cie
Ranked #49 of 5,834 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We accidentally came across Canadian Maple Delights when we were walking around Vieux Montreal. We had an ice cream cone here. We had to try Montreal’s famous “Maple Walnut”. It was very good but a bit pricey. This is a small store in Vieux Montreal. Canadian Maple Delights has absolutely all things maple, from maple oil to maple gelato and ice cream, to alcoholic maple coffee, to maple butter. They had a large display of muffins, cookies and other baked goods all dipped in maple. There is a small “museum” downstairs if you’re interested in more maple related facts.

Date of visit: June 2016
Maple_Delights, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Wow! Thank you for the good review and for taking the time to talk about your experience at our boutique :)

Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Long line for so-so gelato. I guess the location is the main selling point. I'd save the calories for a crepe next time!

Date of visit: July 2016
Delices-Erable-Cie, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2016

A quiet clean place with Gelato and Sorbet, maple cookies and other maple related drinks and coffee. Good to rest your heels on a rainy day. Not too crowded. Friendly staff free WiFi and clean washrooms.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it and I'm sure the other Trip Advisor users will too! :)

Reviewed July 4, 2016

This place is located right in the heart of the tourist walking area in Montreal in the old city where (as many would expect) many tourists are from other places that Quebec and therefore don't speak French. The line to get and pay for the ice cream was very slow. We had a feeling that the employees were sleeping while working. The cashier lady couldn't understand the word "single" when I ordered two single espresso coffees. She was keeping pushing "double" option on her computer. And ice-creams of different flavors were not testy at all. It was not what you would expect for $3.75 per a scoop + tax. They tested like a $4.99 per a kilogram from Walmart.

Date of visit: July 2016

We're sorry you had a bad experience at our shop :(
Since we saw your comment more than a year later (our fault), it's a little too late to investigate what happened and if really there were issues with the staff that day... as for the ice cream, you're entitled to your opinion, but rest assure that our gelatos are of great quality and crafted with love :) You might want to give it another try!

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Well, I walked 2.4 kilometres each way, from my hotel. I was craving something sweet but I wanted something unique from Montreal. Although gelato is not unique, the maple boutique is.
My husband and I had the waffle cones. He had the dark chocolate and pistachio. I had milk chocolate and maple delight. They were all delicious and worth the walk.
I also bought vinegars, mustard and a meat rub. I love the idea of these delicious flavours.
It is a bit pricey. We paid 12 Canadian dollars for both cones and close to 50 cad dollars for the rest.
It was a good experience.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write about us :) We hope you'll enjoy cooking with our products!