“Good place to have a drink when raining”

Delices Erable & Cie
Ranked #49 of 5,834 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Reviewed July 12, 2016

A quiet clean place with Gelato and Sorbet, maple cookies and other maple related drinks and coffee. Good to rest your heels on a rainy day. Not too crowded. Friendly staff free WiFi and clean washrooms.

Date of visit: July 2016
Maple_Delights, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it and I'm sure the other Trip Advisor users will too! :)

Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed July 4, 2016

This place is located right in the heart of the tourist walking area in Montreal in the old city where (as many would expect) many tourists are from other places that Quebec and therefore don't speak French. The line to get and pay for the ice cream was very slow. We had a feeling that the employees were sleeping while working. The cashier lady couldn't understand the word "single" when I ordered two single espresso coffees. She was keeping pushing "double" option on her computer. And ice-creams of different flavors were not testy at all. It was not what you would expect for $3.75 per a scoop + tax. They tested like a $4.99 per a kilogram from Walmart.

Date of visit: July 2016
Delices-Erable-Cie, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

We're sorry you had a bad experience at our shop :(
Since we saw your comment more than a year later (our fault), it's a little too late to investigate what happened and if really there were issues with the staff that day... as for the ice cream, you're entitled to your opinion, but rest assure that our gelatos are of great quality and crafted with love :) You might want to give it another try!

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Well, I walked 2.4 kilometres each way, from my hotel. I was craving something sweet but I wanted something unique from Montreal. Although gelato is not unique, the maple boutique is.
My husband and I had the waffle cones. He had the dark chocolate and pistachio. I had milk chocolate and maple delight. They were all delicious and worth the walk.
I also bought vinegars, mustard and a meat rub. I love the idea of these delicious flavours.
It is a bit pricey. We paid 12 Canadian dollars for both cones and close to 50 cad dollars for the rest.
It was a good experience.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write about us :) We hope you'll enjoy cooking with our products!

Reviewed May 26, 2016

Read the reviews and was looking forward to visiting this boutique. I get the impression that when they remodeled they eliminated all the charm and quality that others raved about. The muffins and fudge were not fresh or tasty. You are better off shopping at their shop at the Air Canada terminal.

Date of visit: May 2016
Maple_Delights, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hi Jackie! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your impressions about our Montreal's boutique. We are displaying a new modern look but our approach should remain warm and welcoming. I'll let the staff know about the products you said didn't feel so fresh either. We hope you'll give us another try :) Have a nice day!

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

Not the basement museum as described as just had a refurb.

Having said that, great looking boutique style shop with visuals re the history/making of maple syrup.

Very helpful staff provided us with a tasting session. Yummy. Especially the maple Taffy - worth asking for some. Brought some home and it worked on crushed ice here.

Date of visit: April 2016
Maple_Delights, Public Relations Manager at Delices Erable & Cie, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Thank you for reviewing our shop :) I'm sure your comments will be helpful to others!