“Good, cozy and crowded”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Good, cozy and crowded”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We all like to enjoy a fresh, different and good tasting breakfast. That's what you get here so, for all of us, it's a savory reward to wait 10, 20 or 30 minutes for a table. All taste fresh, the eggs with feta are amazing, the home made marmalades, the coffee... all sooo good!
Just be patience with the service and enjoy the place, meal and ambiance.

• Visited May 2013

“Best brunch experience for a vegetarian”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I love brunch and make it a mission to eat brunch when I am travelling. As a vegetarian there are usually not much to choose from, the same old heavy options that leave me lethargic and dragging my feet.

Byblos blew all other brunches out of the water. Getting there around 10am meant minimal wait and beating the crowd, and the service was no nonsense (think your brusk aunt). We ordered a feta omelette and a Oriental omelette. The feta was amazing - probably 75 percent by volume of feta, with dill and green onion creating this fluffy cloud of delicious protein.

Breakfast came with a huge basket of breads and pita to dip into jam (the pistachio orange rose was amazing), and choice of beverage. We also ordered labou which is yogurt with things mixed in, for example beets and mint which we ate up with pita.

The food was filling but not heavy, full of exotic flavour, and the cafe setting very comfortable.

Aside from the breakfast which is served till 2pm, there are also many vegetarian options which I look forward to trying.

“Delicious brunch...very slow service.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I really love this brunch, the food is different and tasty, cozy atmosphere but TERRIBLE service. If you are willing to wait forever for great coffe and meal, this is the right place!!!

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Come for Brunch”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We came here for brunch (at the recommendation of the New York Times) and found a nice cafe on an unassuming corner.
This place is great. The foods, the home made jams, the dishes. EVERYTHING WORKED! I think the waitstaff were cool, and could have easily been in New York or LA.
The food was light, tasty, refreshing, and best of all, had a great price.

If you can enjoy the subtle flavors of great food and like to eat healthy, make this stop one of yours.

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Another favourite on Laurier”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I think I've been to this place at pretty much every mealtime, every day of the week. I love the food, it's very simple and varied but not too westernized. Make sure you come on sunday and try the Dizzy, the owner comes in person to explain how to have it in true Iranian style. I don't think I've eaten anything I didn't immediately like, and I've tried pretty much the whole menu.
They also have backgammon tables !

• Visited February 2013