“A Perfect Pagent of Piggery”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Ranked #53 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well I have been wanting to dine here for a couple of years and some friends of ours decided to meet us in Montreal so... away we went. I started with a salad special that had wonderful fried pork rinds throughout. It was just delicious. I was in heaven. We shared the following four entrees: the PDC's Melting Pot, Boudin Tart, Duck in a Can and a Special bone in veal chop they had that night that was the size of a dinosaur. All were tasty and delicious. It was a satisfying meal. We were in the back and the quarters wee a little cramped. Also the music had to be shouted over. Both of which detracted from the meal a bit. It would have been nice to be able to hear the people across the table from us. But the food, the preparation and the service was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Au Pied for a Business dinner with some important clients. NOT the place to go if you're on a diet. It's also a bit loud and cramped, but what do you expect from a blazing hot restaurant in a trendy area. That's all the negative I have, The rest, well - the food was truly incredible. I tried a bit of someone's Foie Gras appetizer as well as a little Duck Carpaccio and was in heaven.. A co-worker and I had the last Veal Chop for two that was offered for sale that night. I'm glad I skipped lunch. Amazing presentation of the chops over truffle flavored mashed potatoes with Onion Rings on top. And the wine selection was great, our Waiter had great advice on what year Bordeaux to pick. C'etait magnifique!!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

It is a fantastic place to go to try locally sourced food.. Martin Picard is a genius and I would go back

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food was amazing. Adding pork belly to the onion soup was genius. The pig's foot was more the size of an horse hoof, and there was so much tasty meat (and the skin became one big crispy pork rind!) And the "Duck in a Can", albeit expensive, represented itself well, with the presentation of the food, the foie gras being so tasty and the duck breast so tender. Topped off with the sugar pie, which even though we ate way too much, was so tasty it was devoured in seconds.

Make the trip and spend the $$$, its worth it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

with good and not seen anywhere else food and...David Beckham!!!
Yes he was three table from me in there. Great time.