“What is the hype about this place?”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Ranked #54 of 5,719 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“What is the hype about this place?”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I dont get the hype over this place. food is oki, only the size of my rib was good ( buffalo) but then ive tasted way better ribs before for half the price. its was chewy.. Dessert was like eating a bowl of nutella with an everest of maple sugar on top. service, well i had to wait bout 50 minites to get my ribs and stop the waiter for something i want. ill give a 3 star simce its not a bad restaurant but i wasnt happy. Maybe i was expecting too much put of it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“This is the one place you should plan your trip around!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no sign outside to advertise that you found the place, you might not even get anyone to pay attention to you when you step in. Your waiter may disappear for extended periods of time. All this I experienced when I arrived with my wife for our reservation.
None of that mattered a soon as the food started to arrive! pate to die for, followed by a stuffed pork stomach. My wife was much more conservative but enjoyed her meal just as much.
On or next trip to Montreal, we'll be back to try other items on the menu. I only hope I don't have to wait long.

Montreal, Canada
“Gargantuesque”

What an experience!
Camille the hostess is fantastic, she was as friendly on the phone as when we arrived. Our waiter was a Parisian French, attentive and very professional. The service is very fast.
My group of six selected some classic from a la carte. I'm glad that the waiter told us that the portions were big but much bigger that we were expecting.
We tried some of Martin Picard's classics.
Tarte au boudin, poutine au foie gras, magret de canard, cote de cochon heureux, canard en conserve and the best, the famous pig foot with foie gras. Fantastic. Nothing to complain about. The Pied de Cochon draft beer is a deal. Incredible wine list.
I shall be back but would like to sit at the bar and watch the kitchen's action. I would also order one of the daily specials. Our next table neighbours had ordered a roated guinea fowl that was carved at the table and garnished with fresh pasta that poured in a wheel of parmesan cheese with a creamy sauce. Looked so yummy.

• Visited October 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“C'est Gut Busting!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one place Anthony Bourdain didn't ruin. Although an icon of the North American dining scene, we felt PDC was sufficiently modest during our visit. And the food? Incredible! The pig's foot with fois gras could have fed a table of 4. No entree, no dessert. Just that crazy huge main. Of course, we couldn't resist ordering the former as well!

Visited August 2012
santiago
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We lived in Montreal in the 70s... And all my dad could say upon my short stay, is how he recalled eating like no where else in the world. This placed topped my chart of restaurants along my years of travel. I had pied de couchon, and my wife the eel.... Accompanied by a great bottle of wine... The food was outrageously good!

Visited October 2012