“Friendly place to stay”
Review of Le Simone

Le Simone
Ranked #32 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A friendly, comfortable and enjoyable place to stay in a city that can overwhelm. Easily reached from the bus from the airport, with easy access to city centre and the various interesting districts and sights makes its location ideal. My room was clean, neat and very comfortable. Breakfast was in an intimate kitchen/diner with tempting fresh cooked delicacies such as clafoutis sometimes on offer as well as the usual French style options. For a first time visitor to Montreal and Canada the advice freely available was invaluable and suitably pitched.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was my first time in Montreal and I saw this B&B on the internet...and decided to give it a shot. I had a wonderful stay. It was at walking distance from Rue St. Catherine, the bus depot, the local library and even the shopping centers. The owner is very professional, and the breakfast chef is a very nice touch of elegance.

Room Tip: Go between May and June...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pickytraveler0877
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I travel alot through Canada, and I really enjoyed this pick. It was clean, and well furnished. The price was right, and so was the service. The area was great and lots of things within walking distance. The bathroom was clean and bath products were good quality. The bed was comfortable and I had no problem sleeping in, as it was quiet. Theres a metro near by and plenty of places to eat. I would recommend to solo travellers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank edgarl119
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On the spur of the moment, we decided to go to Montreal for a couple of days, and good friends recommended Le Simone as an ideal base. The price was right, the location was convenient (steps from the Place Dupuis entrance to the Berri-UQAM Metro station), and we enjoyed this cheery hostel-ish B&B. ("hostel-ish" only because of the shared bathrooms for some rooms and because it wasn't stuffed with antiques or twee trinkets. We loved all the posters for various Montreal festivals all around the building.)

Owner Roc cheerfully welcomed us, helped us with our bags, and gave us directions to the parking garage under the Bibliotheque Nationale nearby. Upon checking in, he gave us lots of great information about neighborhoods, sightseeing, routes, major streets, and transit in Montreal -- a real orientation to the city. Our room was clean and had a huge deep bathtub, a couple chairs around a glass-topped table, a memory-foam-topped mattress (my first experience with it, and while it took a little bit of getting used to, I liked it and slept very soundly) and an extensive selection of satellite TV channels.

Breakfast was a nice Continental breakfast on Thursday morning (coffee/tea, yogurt, toast, croissants, granola and other cereals, fruit) and we were expecting the same on Friday except that a young hotel staffer cheerily offered to make us our choice of French toast or cheese omelettes. We both opted for the omelettes with pleasure and enjoyed them.

Everyone we dealt with was friendly and cheery, and it was an ideal base for exploring. I'll definitely recommend Le Simone to anyone visiting Montreal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vidiot42
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Perfect B&B, owners are lovely and very happy to share their local knowledge. Best breakfast! Crepes or omlette made daily buy a young girl.
Great location, close to the train station. 2 stops away from old Monteal.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mango1569
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've stayed at Le Simone before and always had a good experience, shared bath or private bath. This time, my boyfriend and I arrived quite late, but were still greeted by Jocelyn with a smile and a wonderfully warm welcome. We had a lovely breakfast the next day and chatted with him over coffee. We left for Quebec, but returned on our way home to NY, rather than staying in the B&B we had booked in the Adirondacks because we had enjoyed Jocelyn and the atmosphere at Le Simone so much. The second time around we were quite late again (after enjoying Carnival in Quebec) and yet were welcomed with equal warmth and what seemed to be real pleasure at our return. Blandine, who I believe is the assistant manager, was also a delight, and the next morning we found ourselves talking and laughing again with Jocelyn and Blandine for quite a while before we left. Le Simone's location is excellent - it's an easy walk, even in the worst weather, to the old city, to restaurants, the market, public transports, etc. It's also easy to find the building, and parking, too. The building is a wonderful gem and the rooms are comfortably appointed, very clean, and charming, but it's the people who really make Le Simone so special. It's more like visiting dear friends than staying in a bed and breakfast. I will return as often as I can!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justgogogo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is one of these typical Montréal older buildings, built around a flight of stairs that seem to go up to the sky.

Very clean and, to my utter surprise, we were treated to a warm breakfast (choice between pancakes and a very good quiche), plus many other "continental" options. Impressive for the price

And the location is just perfect: 15-walk to the Place des arts and just besides a subway station.

Now, as this is an old buiding, you sometime hear the floor cracking and the walls are not as thick as in a hotel. Some would be bothered, I personnaly found it rather charming.

The mattress was good, but a bit on the soft side. Now, I would have preferred it harder. Still, I can't really complain...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple