“Excellent Stay, Highly Recommond It”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal
Ranked #31 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Pro:
1. Location, Location, Location (Close to Old Town & Down Town)
2. Clean and Nicely Decorated.
3. Fridge, Microwave and Dishwasher included
4. Good Size Room
5. Comfortable Bed
6. Good Breakfast Variety
7. Helpful Staff All Over

Con:
None

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed May 19, 2010

I'm a very frequent business traveler and I elected to use a fair chunk of my accumulated Hilton Honors points for a 3-day leisure trip to this hotel. It met and exceeded all my expectations. The location is excellent and convenient to both the Metro (1 block) and the 747 Express Bus to/from the Airport (4 blocks). The upgraded Custom King suite in which I stayed was excellent on all fronts...most particularly the comfortable and firm (but not "too" firm) bed and of course the huge jacuzzi, which was most welcome each night with as much walking around town that I did all 3 days of my stay. Oh, and as others mention, the daily breakfast is superb (and WAY too easy at which to overeat!); get there early, as others have said. (I did not attend the manager's reception any of my evenings, so I have no review to offer on that.)

If I have any minor quibbles (not enough to deduct any stars from my rating...these are REALLY minor) they would be these: (1) Would have liked a printed TV channel guide to be able to quickly identify English-speaking channels, rather than having to surf through them every time, and (2) Wish there had been some basic dishes/silverware in the kitchen; I had to call down and request some.

I heartily recommend this property to anyone considering a leisure or business visit to Montreal, and I wouldn't hesitate to return and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
RodsterMontreal, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Good Day Reviewer Thank you for taking the time to fill in the tripadvisor review on the hotel. We were pleased that you enjoyed you stay and that it was memorable. I will pass of the comments to the team. We look forward to your return. Merci

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I have booked this property in the past for my co workers who travel to Montreal and I wanted to try it out for myself with my own family. It was more amazing than the reports I received from my colleagues! I had no idea how big the rooms were and the bathroom was huge! We (hubby and 17 year old daughter) had a suite with a separate bedroom for the adults, daughter on the pull out couch in the living room/kitchen area. This was a great set up as we had our privacy with sliding doors, our own TV and she had her own TV in the living room area. Not that you're in Montreal to watch TV but it was just nice to have our own space at the end of the day and unwind. You could seriously have a party in the bathroom and the jacuzzi tub was great after 2 days of walking! The location is great, so close to the old town and close enough to the downtown area too. Notre Dame is just around the corner. I liked that you could easily walk to the downtown area almost the entire way via the underground pathways! That is really cool, especially when it was raining. Just ask the concierge for directions. The room was spotless too. That is so important to us. I am so tired of going to hotels, only to be disappointed by a dirty room or those inconspicuous hairs (UGH!) you find hiding in bathrooms. I never felt like i was going to be surprised with something nasty on the toilet or under the sheets. We do a lot of travelling and I've seen some pretty gross things! Even the kitchen area was spotless, the fridge, cupboards and sink immaculate. Breakfast was included and it was good. There was something there for everyone, as far as our family is concerned. We had such a great time In Montreal and would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! You won't be disappointed. And let my finish by saying it was soooo quiet for sleeping. Nothing worse than going to a noisy hotel when you're trying to relax and enjoy your vacation. Never heard a peep ever from the hallway/neighbours! It was great!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank yybgal

Dear reviewer. Thank you for your glowing review on the hotel. We are proud of our team and our cleaning staff are the best in the business. You have made mention to the cleanliness and I will assure that this is passed to the respective department. We look forward to your return in the future. Merci

Reviewed May 8, 2010

Great place quiet, great staff, the best breakfast ever and different every day, the pub is rockin’ place to be. Staff go out of the way to be their for you. The bathroom was bigger then my first apartment.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Very spacious and well appointed room. We only spent one night, but this room would be appropriate for much longer stays. The bed was quite comfortable. The tub was huge, but the jets didn't work. Since we were only there for a night we didn't bother to ask for a new room. The manager's reception was a nice touch but seemed very hectic. Based on the reviews on this site we went to breakfast early and had no problems, in fact, it was delicious. The reception desk staff and concierge were very friendly and helpful, but you could sense the bar and kitchen staff felt overwhelemed at how busy it was. The parking garage has very tight corners, but we felt safe leaving the car in there. In this location, there is no need for a car anyway, so close to everything. Parking was $25 with in/out. Overall a very enjoyable hotel and we would stay again.

1  Thank slipstatic77
RodsterMontreal, Pr Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

Dear Reviwer . Thank you for your great comments on the hotel and the staff. During your stay were you able to mention to the staff about the bath jets as I would like to have this repaired. Could you contact us to advise me as to which room you were in. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

After scouring trip advisor to plan our last minute travel we chose embassey suites, I felt a lot of confidence with a quick look at the trip advisor ratings.

We have a custom suite on the 9th floor, service is fantastic, location is great opposite metro and with a BIXI rack right out front. Managers reception in the afternoon is amazing and the room is HUGE.

Pool sized jacuzzi and really comfortable soft sheets on the KING bed.

Location is 2 blocks from the old town and metro is a short walk away. BIXI rack right outside for convinient travel all arounf Montreal.

First class no regrets whatsoever

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Good Day Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to fill in the tripadvisor reviews. Your comments assist us to assure that we offer the utmost in guest satisfaction. We look forward to your return. Merci

Reviewed May 1, 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel. Couldn't believe how close it is to Old Montreal, China Town and a number of the sites. Also really close to the subway if you want to go out to the Expo Stadium. The breakfast was great and the Manager's reception each evening was nice too. Very nice staff, especially at the door and the bar. Room was very comfortable and the kitchen area was nice. Probably more than you may need, but the fridge and microwave was handy. Was a great place to stay on our first visit to Montreal. Will stay here again for sure.

PS - Don't miss taking a carriage ride at night, the city is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family