Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal
$250
$184
  • Breakfast included
2,333 results
All reviewsevening receptiondrink ticketsgreat locationcocktail hourliving roomfull kitchenfree breakfastjacuzzi tubconvention centerold townpresidential suiteseparate showerpalais de congresshower stallnotre dame basilicahuge bathroompull out couch
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights (July 19-21) at the hotel during an Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority reunion. Notwithstanding that the hotel was probably at full occupancy the overall level of service remained excellent and the staff were extremely attentive to our needs whether it was calling housekeeping for extra pillows and blankets (the rooms were very comfortably airconditioned) or for wiping down the outside patio table (it had just rained outside) while we enjoyed the complementary cocktails during nightly The Manager's Reception.
I was very impressed with our room, the Presidential Suite. The floors which were previously carpeted were replaced with dark hardwood flooring, what I really appreciated was how clean the bedroom, bathroom and living-rooms were when we returned back to our room every night.
The break-fast was amazing especially the omlettes and the friendly breakfast staff always made sure the buffet table was well stocked.
Kuddos to the operator of this hotel, we had a great stay and will be sure to come back next time we have a family function to attend in Montreal.

Room Tip: Don't be late for breakfast if you want a prime table overlooking St Antoine Street.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel except for the service of the wait staff. I attended a convention in which this hotel was one of the host hotels. The restaurant was not prepared for the number of guests at breakfast & dinner. So the service was very slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I traveled to Montreal to participate in a conference with my sorority. The staff was WONDERFUL! They were the nicest and most helpful people I have ever come into contact with during my years of travel. The only issue with this hotel is that the carpet in our room was dirty and either needed to be cleaned or changed. The pull out couch was the same way! Other than those small issues, no complaints!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this Embassy Suites for a little over a week. At first glance this place was great, but progressively there were little things here and there that left some things to be desired.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. However, housekeeping starts knocking on the door real early in the morning around 8am. As I was on vacation that was not very desirable. Then house keeping left only a minimum amount of towels, making it necessary to request more everyday of our stay. The suite was fitted with a kitchenette. That would have been great if the pots, pans, and cutlery were also readily available in the room. However, the hotel staff graciously sent them up, but it was neccessary to request again on subsequent days. Lastly, you could kind of tell that the staff was employed with people who didn't like their jobs. The cook was not very nice when he handed us our cooked to order eggs. Also, the staff was a little on the slow side keeping up with supplying plates and cutlery available.

Now let me say that some of these things that I didn't like may have been just a quirk of local custom. What I mean is that Montreal is a very green city. There is recycling available everywhere, even at fast food restaurants. So that may explain why there was a shortage of towels and cutlery in the room, it was for the purpose of conservation. Additionally, the French/English language barrier may have also played a role. Also, I noticed that some locals were not very happy to have to use English (although this is not representative of the city as a whole at all, as most people were happy to accomodate me by speaking English).

So in my opinion it would probably be better to just rent an apartment for the week if you can. If not, this is not the worst option by any means. Just know that it will not be exactly like the hotels in America.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and 15 year old daughter spent 5 nights at this hotel during the Montreal Jazz Festival. It was excellent. The hotel is in a wonderful location, just a couple of blocks from many places to see, and a short block from the metro station---- or across the street is indoor access to the convention senter that connects to it also.

The hotel is also close to China town and many wonderful bakeries, and a short wlak to the river front and histroic area, with many great restaurants. I should add that we eat breakfast every morning in the hotel and it was wonderful- busy at times, but the staff did an excellent job of keeping the food coming and cleaning tables so there was always one to be found. We also went three times for the happy hour (with free drinks for those of age) and enjoyed it. On two of those trips we decided to have dinenr at the hotels restaurant and found the food to be great.

Our only drawback- and it is small and has been mentioned by others- was an occastional longer than normal wait for an elevator.

The Jazz festival was fantastic too! and we plan to attend again next year and stay here again as well.