“Great all-round”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal
Ranked #29 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great location, large rooms (don't feel you are in a hotel room but rather a small apt), great price and an all inclusive breakfast (although it can get quite crowded on weekends). We've stayed there several times for both business & pleasure and the staff has always been very pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms are good :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The rooms are fully equipped with microwave, fridge, washing machines etc - typical for any Embassy suites. The breakfast was better than average. The disadvantage is the location. You have to walk 15 minutes to reach shopping area or walk to a metro or get a cab to go around. If your stay is longer, and going to see places away from the centre of the city using your car, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GKIndia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel group many times ; this one compares very well to others, service was excellent, rooms well kept, location great for Old Montreal. I had a meeting at the Bonaventure Hilton and this hotel is definitely more relaxed, less stuffy and cozy. The cocktail hour was good, with some basic table service as well, though with a 2-drink limit/person per day which is reasonable. We paid $175 per night and for the free breakfast and drinks this is a good rate in my opinion for downtown Montreal

JUST ONE IRRITATION : at breakfast we put our breakfast tickets in the basket at entry(like most others) but still had waiters asking for our tickets at the table, also probably not pleasant for them to have to do. A small point which is easily fixed.

This is our new Montreal hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

To be fair, the room and location was fantastic. The Hilton beds are top notch and my room came with a hot tub to boot. I also had a kitchen for leftovers and a fireplace to set a relaxing mood.For tourists planning on staying in the Montreal area for multiple days, Embassy is great. It's just a short walk away from many sights and tastes.

I do have some complaints:
- Parking/internet all pricey
- 2 elevators for the entire hotel... When "suites" are more intended for entire families, how can a hotel like this offer only 2 small elevators? During busy check in times, the entire ground floor is packed full of people with their luggage waiting on the elevators.
- Food area is again small where I couldn't stand to wait for breakfast.

For my trip, I ended up switching hotels as I could not stand to wait for the elevator, then wait for breakfast, then wait again in Montreal traffic in driving to where I needed to go.

The service was really friendly and knew my name in the short 2 days I was there. I was also not charged an early check out fee which is a nice courtesy.

Room Tip: My higher floor did not offer fantastic views as I faced NW. Instead I would have chosen a lower flo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 93,157
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at Embassy Suites' Montreal location. It is less than 5 minutes from the Notre Dame (i.e. Old Montreal), and a few minutes walk from the subway. Breakfasts were superb ... so much nicer than the free breakfasts offered by other hotel chains. Rooms are really really nice - in particular the mattresses. This is my "go to" hotel in Montreal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in November during a combined business / pleasure trip. While this hotel was not convenient at all for where I was working, it was a fantastic location for experiencing Montreal. It is a short walk to Vieux Montreal, which is loaded with restaurants, shopping, museums, etc. My wife easily amused herself during the days when I was at the office and we both enjoyed the city at night and during the weekend.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. The bed was comfortable, with a pillow top mattress and a nice clean comforter. The bathroom provided plenty of room to move around, although the shower was on the small side. The main closet being over by the front door rather than by the bedroom was a little awkward but no big deal. The kitchenette had some handy appliances although we didn't make use of them.

The breakfast buffet supplied a good variety of hot and cold breakfast options. Normally, I'll gravitate toward the lighter options (to avoid gaining too much weight on business travel!). There was plenty to pick from. The only thing I didn't care for were the pastries, which were pretty bland and didn't seem all that fresh. But, there's plenty of other food to keep you amused, so you can easily skip those.

The evening happy hours was a nice touch. Every guest gets a couple tickets for drinks at this event. But, the tickets limit you to the house wine / beer / alcohol selection. The beer is just a normal draft light lager, the alcohol is limited well variety, and the wine ... well ... the red can be a little hard to get down, but the white is drinkable if chilled.

Parking is fairly convenient, as they have their own garage in the basement. Corners are tight and you need to drive down at least 3 levels (everything above that is marked as reserved) so be careful when driving. The rate is about $22 per day. On our checkout day, we asked how long we could stay parked and we were told until 4pm. So, if you want to check out but stay for a while longer in the area, leave your car in the garage rather than leave just to pay for parking somewhere else.

The staff were polite and helpful, especially the concierge who helped us with restaurant choices. Considering the price and location, it would be hard to beat this hotel for a vacation in Montreal.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel. No view on that side at all, but it was very quiet. I'm...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jay405
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A lively and busy hotel in a wonderful location. The suite was so very comfortable and ideal for a longer stay than the overnight I had planned. Full kitchen with plenty of storage; indulgent bath plus a separate shower stall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo