“Great location and stay”
Review of Hotel Villa

Hotel Villa
Ranked #125 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and had a very pleasant stay here. I upgraded to the room that included the bathroom for convenience and I'm glad I did as the bathroom was very big and clean.

It was very cold in Montreal when I went and the thermostat in the room more than made up for that. The bed was comfortable and the room suited us just fine and even had a TV in the room.

The staff at reception were pleasant and helped where possible.

The location of the hotel is near the train station and walking distance to most attractions/shopping in the area. There are a few dodgy clubs near by but they shouldn't bother you and if you are looking to go party then this is a great budget place to stay as the clubs only 5 mins away - as we went out and had somebody to open the door for us when we wanted to sleep.

I would recommend this place for a budget, convenient and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the bathroom - worth the extra $$
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mitz_85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The location of this hotel is fantastic, it is walking distance to almost everything you would want to do in Montreal. The area looks a bit sketchy with a few homeless people around but we never felt unsafe walking around late at night. It can be quite noisy outside the hotel until around 3 am if there is an event on at the theatre next door, but this did not bother us as we were usually just getting home at that time anyway and both of our rooms overlooked St Catherine where all the noise was coming from.

The staff were very helpful, friendly and polite and there is someone at the desk 24 hrs to buzz you into the building during the night when the front doors are locked.

The rooms are very basic but clean and if you're only looking for a place to sleep, then this hotel is perfect. The bathroom could do with a little bit of attention though, they are not the cleanest but they do the job.

I would stay here again the next time I'm in town :-)

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank andreweggins
Winnie W, General Manager at Hotel Villa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Greetings Andrew,

Thank you for your amazing review. We are a budget hotel but that doesn't prevent us from providing 5 star guest service. We do not have all the extra amenities but we do offer an excellent rate for a safe atmosphere, clean room, and friendly staff. Add all of those up and you can see that you are getting an excellent value!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Best regards.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night during the labor day weekend. It was booked at the very last minute and I was expecting the worst experience ever. I was surprised by the cleanliness of the room. The decor could use some improvement but the hotel felt very safe, I wasn't concerned about leaving my valuables in the room while we were out and about. I definitely got the sense that the management was making an effort to improve the quality of the facilities. Our room was on the second floor which contained a relatively newly renovated bathroom. There are many homeless people in that area but its also a heavily trafficked nightlife area on the weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with its own bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nekoro G
Winnie W, General Manager at Hotel Villa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest,

We really appreciate the time you took in writing this excellent review. Very often we will hear some of our guests tell us how their stay was a lot better than originally expected due to some reviews they had read online about the animated area that is downtown Montreal (especially during the summer time) and our property being in the center of it. We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for sharing your experience with other travelers and we feel honored to have contributed to make your stay a good one.

We look forward to maybe seeing you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed on Aug 15th, 2012 with my family and this is not the place to stay - there are lots of homeless people in front of the Hotel Street and lot of adult stores around the place – definitely not for family
Customer service was terrible - I left a very valuable thing which has no use for others but never returned – I called many times and offered $ 100.00 as a gift if the return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tsering D
Winnie W, General Manager at Hotel Villa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Greetings,

We appreciate your review and are sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced. Though our convenient location is one of the reasons why we have many returning guests, we understand that a small minority of our clientele may not feel comfortable with the animated and lively area that is downtown Montreal.

With that being said, our service/staff record speaks for itself and has always been something we take pride in. All of us here at Hotel Villa really go the extra mile to help a guest with an issue and have always immediately provided/fixed anything and everything a guest bring to our attention. We have a strict follow-up system in regards to lost/forgotten items and have returned many valuable and less valuable forgotten items over the years such as wallets, phones, books, hair wavers, etc. We nonetheless apologize if we were unable to recover your lost item.

We wish you the best of luck on your future vacations.

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Western New York
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Villa during the third week of July 2012, having found it on the internet. I read some of the reviews and saw that some were negative, but the ideal location overrode my hesitance. The first thing I noted upon arrival was the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff, which influences my opinion greatly. All people that I interacted with at the front desk were friendly and helpful with any questions I had, including directions to different key points in Montreal. They seemed genuinely interested in helping customers have an enjoyable stay and a memorable visit to Montreal. The neighborhood was a bit loud, but in spite of this I felt very safe there. The rooms were clean and equipped with clean amenities. It is a basic place to stay, clean, without too much frills if you want to have an economical but enjoyable stay in Montreal. When I needed help with my luggage from the sixth floor to the taxi upon departure the courteous clerk gladly helped me transport my gear. If I would want to visit Montreal again, they would be the first people I would call. Thanks to the Hotel Villa, I experienced a very memorable vacation. The only problem I had was my TV did not work, but the second time I stayed on my return the TV was in good condition.

Room Tip: rooms on floors 1-5 have elevator; 6th does not; make sure TV in room works before settling in
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Debra F
Greetings Debra,

Thank you for posting your review from your stay in our hotel through Trip Advisor.

It was truly a great pleasure to have you here as a guest and we are delighted to hear that we contributed in making your vacation a memorable one.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

For the rates charged I had a great stay. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The Hotel is centrally located within walking distance of all the downtown happenings. The room was basic, but it was clean and comfortable. Expect to see some interesting places and characters around, after all you are in the heart of Montreal. Having said this, I never felt unsafe walking the streets till late. If I could add one thing to my wish-list it will be a bathroom in the room.
Overall I enjoyed my stay, staff were friendly and the rates were affordable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike M
Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Hotel Villa. Our main goal is to offer the best vacational experiences to our guests, and reading this kind of reviews make us feel extremely happy. Thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and perhaps put you in a standard room (with private bathroom) the next time around.