“Total blast!”

Saute-Moutons Jet Boating
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the best things to do in Montreal. Wet, wild and wonderful! Jet Boating the Lachine rapids is not only a local tourist attraction, but a symbol of the spirit, history, fun and adventure that make Montreal a world-class tourist destination. Quite possibly the world's greatest city boat cruise tour!
Dunedin, Florida
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Total blast!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We took our parents (in their 60's and one afraid of deep water) on this tour and everyone had a great time. We watched the orientation video and put on the layers (they suggest you strip down to your undergarments to preserve their dryness) and were led down the ramp to the jet boat. We took one of the back rows since my mother in law was a bit scared of deep water and this also allowed me to take some fun pictures.

We pulled out of the port and passed the clock tower where the photographer was waiting to take a pic of our boat. We then sped up and watched Montreal zip past us on the left. We got to the rapids after a short ride with Todd our tour guide giving us info about the area and telling jokes along the way.

Once we neared the rapids Todd gave us his breakdown of the different rapids they would take us to and he had names for all of them...lol. All I know is they were all so large they encompassed the whole boat and there wasn't an inch of dry clothing left on any of us! Wall after wall of the St Lawrence river came tumbling over our heads and it was better than any amusement park water ride any of us had been on. I had read previous reviews and brought water goggles for all of us and was very glad I did as we were able to keep watching (even under water) while we dipped and dived through the rapids-such fun!

On the way back Todd took my camera and snapped some nice photos (one lovely one of himself lol) and continued to provide info about the area. Todd came to each group and asked where we were from and how long we'd be in town then he offered some nice suggestions and shared some good stories and was very personable. As we neared the bridge on the way back they gave us a few last thrills and did some 360 spin outs with the jet boat which was awesome too!

We would recommend this tour to anyone in Montreal and as others have said suggest a change of clothes for afterwards ;-)

Visited September 2012

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The most awesome water adventure ride ever!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Talk about a wild ride!! I came to Montreal with my husband and he had it all planned out. We went on this and I have NEVER had so much fun on a water adventure ride! You get soaked from head to toe so make sure to bring dry clothing with you to wear afterwards. This ride is extremely safe and has great commentary along the way. It is a great ride from start to finish. We had Todd as our tour guide and his slightly adult comic relief was great! Overall this ride was a blast and even though it is a little pricey it is definitely worth it! I would highly recommend this ride! If I come back to Montreal I definitely will go on this again!

Montreal, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“A bit pricy and tacky, but a lot of fun!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Done this with my 6 and 14 years old girls, and both enjoyed the experience a lot. So not to rough for young kids meeting the age requirement.

Make sure to get the multiple proposed layers of clothing proposed by the staff, as it is cold on the way back, even on a very sunny day.

Visited August 2012
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Super fun--and you WILL get soaked!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Great way to see a different side of the city.
I really thought that the "rain gear" would keep some part of me dry...NOT! Just go with the expectation that head to toe you will be absolutely, positively soaked. You can either strip down and just wear what they give you (being a germaphobe that wasn't really an option), bring a full change of clothes (full change, like undies, socks, bra--the works) or just plan on going back to your hotel wet (and I mean really wet). Lucky for us our hotel was in walking distance.
Well worth it and ridiculously fun!

1 Thank Christine R
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Now thats an adventure”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It’s a great way to get your dose of adrenaline. You see waves crashing into you and some of them is really high. Worth the hefty price. Just wish they would have day-care. I had to go in turns me and my wife so that one would stay with the children

Visited August 2012