Hotel Elegant
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
Lelux Hotel(Montreal)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My friend and i came here on Thursday March 15th. We were coming for St Patricks parade. We were on a budget so a high class hotel was out of the question. We found Hotel "Elegant" online. So we looked at the pictures online and thought it would be a decent place. We knew we wouldnt get something gorgeous but at least something sleepable... Anyways to make a long story short, we arrived the woman at the front desk was not plesent there was this old man always walking around looking and inspecting everything all the time.. The place smelt like old wet carpets. The beds were hard like a rock, The room was extremely HOT even with the window open. The servide was terrible down stairs. The vending machine was empty and not refilled through the whole 4 days we stayed here.. There was VERY loud people next door to the point where they bang on the wall cuz they were wrestling and my head actually bounced off the wall. I think they let anyone in the building.. And the location where the hotel is, its very scarey.. It look like a dump from outside.. The Pictures online that they have dont even match what the have in the rooms. The only thing that is actuallyi n the room that you see online is the blanket.. And that feels like plastic..

Room Tip: never stay here..
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Haley e
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Is this a 5 star hotel no.. is this a rat hole hotel.. no.. its a good value for your time in montreal. ITs 2 blocks from Rue Ste-Catherine which is both the Gay Village and the shopping downtown area. Walking distance to it all... the streets are short so its not that bad of a walk.. Its close to all the clubs like 6 or 7 blocks and a 20 min walk to Vieux Montreal (Old Montreal) Coras is the Ihop of canada and its like 5 blocks away. Rue Ontario has alof of the straight bars and a few good places to eat too which is a block away. The room is standard. queen size bed, fridge which was nice, and a clean bathroom. The from desk staff isn't all that nice or friendly but if you ask them questions they will answer anything you need. For 5 days 4 nights we paid a little over 300 and i think thats a deal ... If you don't want to park on the street for whatever reason ( people on here are way to scared of things... i live in new and its the same thing has parking here. ) ITs actually pretty safe and thats including walking back to the hotel at 3am slightly buzzed... but if you are still scared someone is going to do something to your car (not going to happen) accross the street is a parking lot daily is 20$ and around the corner there is one also didn't park there ... after the first day i parked on the street and actually avoided paying for parking most of the time. All in all great experience for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caribechick
ElegantManager, Manager at Hotel Elegant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response! It gives us great pleasure to know that we made your latest visit to Montreal all that special.

I would also like to add that Parking is only $12 for 24 hours.

Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Montreal

Hotel Management

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I heard about this hotel through a dog-travel site. They don't charge for pets (I'm totally fed up with hotels that charge ridiculous amounts to keep a dog) and set aside the ground floor rooms for their owners. The only problem is that there's hardly a blade of grass on the street but there is a rather nice park about two blocks away for dog walking.

I stayed for one night and the room was a pretty good size. It was clean enough but it smelled heavily of pine-scented disinfectant when I arrived (which I mentioned to the manager the next day); fortunately the windows open. This is not The Ritz by any means, but for $87 including all taxes and garage parking ($12) it's good enough for overnight.

The desk clerk on duty probably could have been a little more interested and courteous. The hotel itself is very close to the bus station but noise was not a problem.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank chasinchelsea
ElegantManager, General Manager at Hotel Elegant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Hi,

I would like to thank you for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration, and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Montreal.

Thank You!

Hotel Elegant Management

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I paid $160 (all taxes inclided) for a two-night stay in a room with one queen-size bed. Location, location, location, as they say. I was within walking dinstance from everything: old Montreal, shopping, fine restaurants and more...

Don't like the breakfast? There is Cora's Breakfast within 1,5 kms (20 minute walk) from the hotel.

Wi-Fi too slow? Unless you are on YouTube or download movies, you'll find Internet connection pretty reasonable

Parking lot is too far? I paid $21 and could drive in and out for 3 days without paying extra. It was only 5 minutes away from the hotel. Lazy to walk? Park across the street but the rates won't be as flexible.

My gf and I stayed in room 311, which faced townhomes and was fairly quiet. Nothing outrageous during our 3 day 2 night stay.

There wasn't much space for luggage. This room is suitable for those with minimum luggage: we travelled with 1 gym bag, 1 back pack and a small suit case and everything fit right by our bed.

I am not gonna bother commenting on panhandlers and such. This is downtown Montreal. Enough said.

Tip #1: if your room is too cold or too hot, try playing with the duct on the ceiling. That smoke-detector looking thing is actually your hvac duct. You can open or close it by twisting.

Tip # 2: everytime you think something could have been better, just think how much you paid for your stay. This is a bargain hotel and worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S

Hello,

We at Hotel Elegant are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay in Montreal. I would like to personally thank you for writing such a detailed review. We definitely appreciate your contributions and look forward to seeing you next time.

Thank You!

Hotel Elegant Management

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Booking this hotel was the biggest travel mistake I have ever made. It is one that you would only recommend to your enemies. Upon checking-in you are required to pay in full for your entire stay, before you see the room or are given the keys.
The room and bathroom are very dark even with all the lights on, what would you expect from low wattage 25w bulbs that have been installed to save electricity? Opening the blinds is not an option since the pedestrians at street level can see straight into your room.
On the first day of my stay, the room was very hot so I decided to open the window but had to immediately shut it because of the immense street noise. When I enquired about the air-conditioning the next day, I was told that the vent on the ceiling had to be opened up by turning it. I delegated this duty to my husband who is taller and was not afraid to climb on the chair. There are no controls for this air-conditioning.
The bathroom is disgusting. The floor of the bath-tub had black dirt on it and the floor tiles has grout so black, it is obvious that it has never been cleaned. The shower curtain is very dirty and in need of replacement, so too are the towels. I have never seen towels so worn that they become see-through and frayed at the ends. The toilet paper is hard and one-ply. The ones used in public washrooms are far superior than this. There was no box of facial tissues, even though the receptionist had confirmed its existence on a prior call to the visit. The bath soap is a tiny bit bigger than that of a Dentyne Ice gum, and is the same quality as laundry soap. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom for the 4 of us, because there is no shelf, hooks or extra towel bar to put the extra 2. After a request was made for the extra 2, I was scolded for asking for extra towels since the extra 2 should have been found on the dressing table beneath 4 drinking glasses.
The open closet is located at the end of the room with 4 plastic hangers, if you happen to want to hang anything besides your coat, then you would have to buy your own hangers.
The mattress on the bed is hard and the blanket and bedspread had holes in them, possibly made by a previous smoking guest. We found a bug on one of the beds, and another one on the lamp. We killed both, but could not have a restful sleep since we did not know what else was lurking in the dark room that we had not discovered yet.
It was an extremely noisy room, not just from the street traffic, creaking bathroom door, the corridor noise but the noise coming from overhead – constant footsteps, thumping, talking and things falling on the floor.
The television had cords dangling from it in all directions and if you wanted to plug your laptop to a wall outlet, then you have to climb on a chair and stretch over to it, since it was located over the closet, closer to the ceiling than the floor. There was a pedestal fan in the room that did not work, and should be removed since it was occupying valuable floor space.
The breakfast consisted of a tiny (7 oz.) cup of coffee and a croissant OR muffin, not both. I witnessed another guest about 6 feet tall and 300 lbs. asking for a coffee refill. He was scolded and made to understand that there was a limit of one cup per guest.
I paid $84 per night which was $84 too much. This room was so depressing that people should be paid to stay here instead! I now understand why you have to pay in full upon check-in, previous guests must have ran out after seeing the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family