“Great hostel”
Review of Alexandrie Hostel

Alexandrie Hostel
“Great hostel”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I arrived late at night with no booking and they easily accommodated me for my stay. This was the best and most friendly hostel I have ever stayed in. Was the cleanest as well. All staff were super helpful and gives off a feel of a close family group even if you are new and on your own. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Montreal. Also nice and close to a whole heap of things to see and do.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The greatest thing about this hostel, apart from the cosy atmosphere, location, rooms and facilities, is the staff. Never had I a more approachable staff service at a hostel, who are genuinely helpful and friendly. They, along with many of the other people who were staying at the hostel, made my week-long Montreal experience a very pleasant one. Wish I could have stayed longer!

1 Thank Viviana52
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The place is great and comfortable and has all the necessary amenities. The rooms/bathrooms/kitchen areas are always clean and maintained. But t is the staff that really makes your stay welcome and enjoyable -as well as, many of the people who come for their stay!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

People here are nice, friendly and easy going. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. They'll be kind to help you out.
Just one thing that I think they can improve ---- Internet Wifi should be also available in the room, not only on the main floor.

Luc P, Owner at Alexandrie Hostel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thanks for your nice comment. We have 3 internet subscription but some rooms are too far away from any off them. please next time ask to be relocated.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hostel was amazing: super friendly staff, nice and clean bedroom and bathroom, perfect location! I enjoyed it very much! As we stayed during the wee, we had a whole apartement for ourselves. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with StudentUniverse

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 4, 2014

To be fair, this is the only hostel I've been to. But, honestly, I can't imagine hostels getting any better. My friend and I stayed in a dormitory-styled room with bunk beads. We went in the middle of the winter so we had the entire room/bathroom to ourselves. The facilities were nicer than expected, with 1 bathroom for the 6 person room. You do have to rent a towel, but it is very cheap (2 CD) and wasn't bothersome to me. The location is very nice. It a short, 5 min walk to the metro (the main stop that connects everywhere) and its in the middle of everything while still being in a relatively quiet spot. But the highlight of the hostel isn't the location or the amenities: it's the people. The staff of this hostel are some of the nicest, most interesting people I've met. They come from all different countries, yet they spoke english well and were very encouraging about helping me with my french. My friend and I found ourselves switching between english, french, spanish, and portuguese while talking to everyone. It was such a cultural and enriching experience that we won't forget any time soon. We became friends with these people in the 3 days we were there. In fact, we almost missed our bus because we found ourselves playing videos games in the common room with everyone and not wanting to leave.

Also, the hostel has fun themed nights. Although I wasn't able to attend one because of the time I was leaving, I know they were having a Sangria night that I'm sure was fun and fantastic. Also, they have breakfast in the morning. If you want a legit breakfast, you're gonna have to go out or go to the market to buy ingredients then make it at the hostel. But they do have toast, coffee and orange juice if you like a light breakfast.

Overall, the hostel made my trip to Montreal one of the best trips of my life. As an 18 year old girls my friends/parents were a little worried about how safe we'd be at a hostel in a foreign country, but I have to say the Alexandrie hostel is one of the safest, friendliest environments I've ever been in. I hope to return again sometime soon. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christina I
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My best friend and I had our first hostel experience here and it was amazing! The staff was so helpful and sweet especially considering we went to a french speaking city without knowing any french! Parking was very easy and the hostel is in a great location near clubs, bars, the gay village, and the old port of Montreal. The beds were very comfortable with clean linen provided and a sweet breakfast of toast, jam, and coffee each day. Hoping to come back to Montreal soon and will be staying in the Alexandrie again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends