Hotel Le Dauphin Montreal Centre-Ville
$223
$189
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsapple tvconvention centeryogurtdesktop computercontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsfree wifigreat locationhardwood floorsold townexposed concretethe congresspalais de congresespresso machinemodern hotelkey cardglass shower
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have several friends who have stayed here and just loved it! Our stay wasn't the greatest, so perhaps I may try again one day.
Our greeting wasn't the warmest. I believe our receptionist wasn't in a very good mood. Maybe her last customer wasn't very happy, but she certainly wasn't friendly and didn't smile at us once while we were checking in.
The room is stunning! Large space, clean, hardwood floors, beautiful bathrooms!
My boyfriend and I were staying in one room on the thrid floor, while friends of ours stayed just down the hall.
Our beds were pretty hard! Our friends commented on their hard bed as well. When I returned home to tell my friends who love this hotel, they couldn't believe it. They all had comfortable sleeps. I guess we just didn't luck out on our beds?
The other problem we and the other couple shared was the noise. It seemed that most people on the third floor like to use the stairwell instead of the elevator, which is fine, but the door made a heck of a bang each time it closed - and people are coming and going throughout the night! May we suggest to the hotel a door sliencer... It was rather annoying hearing this door slam several times in the night. Other than that, we couldn't hear noise from adjoining rooms which was nice.
The day we left we encounter the same woman who checked us in. She was much nicer, smiled more and we were then on our way. We all have off days, so I bet she is normally a much happier person then when we first arrived.
Breakfast came with the room, which surprised us. It was good, enough to choose from, but nothing to brag about. We were satisfied and full.
The location was great - right in Old Montreal. We had arrived by train and it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. We dinned at Gibby's in Old Montreal - which was about a 10 minute walk away. Fantastic meal had there - but very pricey, but we would all return.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on a higher level - not the thrid floor where people use the doors to the stairways - they make a loud bang when they close.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed one night at Hotel Dauphin. I didn't know what to expect because I've never heard of this chain of hotels, but was pleasantly surprised. The room we stayed in was a double queen room. It was spacious. The room and bathroom were clean. There was a computer in the room which we didn't use as we had our own. So that means Internet was free. Location was excellent as we were able to walk everywhere - Chinatown, Old Montreal, St. Catherine street (shopping, food, entertainment, etc). Only once did we use the subway due to the fact that it was raining. The room had blinds instead of curtains which made it feel more like home to me. The decor was modern. The floors aren't carpeted so it made an echo in the room which may not have been pleasant for our neighbors as our baby woke up several times at night crying. Breakfast was free. It was quite busy when we got there. They ran out of mugs, muffins and bagels when I got there. Most were refilled quickly. Breakfast was good.
Overall a great stay. Would come back to this hotel if in Montreal again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lainie78
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This small hotel does almost everything right: friendly staff who went out of their way to find me an umbrella on a rainy morning, a great breakfast serving up real Fairmount bagels (the ex-Montrealer in me certainly appreciated them but the quality may have been lost on some other visitors to the city who did not clue in that these are the best of the best), comfy beds and sheets, nice walk in showers, desktop computers in the room, WIFI, iPod dock (couldn't quite get it to work though), and much more. The only thing lacking for me was a full length mirror. Certainly I got great value for money. Thank you, Dauphin!

Location wise, it is very near the Jeanne Mance stop for the airport bus #747, so getting in from the airport was cheap and easy at $8. (I bought the $16 3 day pass so got 3 days of transit including my return trip to the airport). It is steps away from the Palais de Congres and just a few more from old Montreal. Place des Arts was also just a couple blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lovely, quiet, spacious room in a small hotel at a great price. Pleasant, helpful bi-linqual staff. Modern decor, generous continental breakfast from 6:00 to 10:00 which very well suited our lazy schedule. Conveniently located a block from the convention center and Place d'Armes Metro. Easy walking distance to Downtown and Old town. Even at 65, we didn't need a car or even a cab during our four day stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Dauphin as an alternative to more expensive hotels suggested by a medical conference. The location was great, two blocks from the Convention Center, and a short walk to Old Montreal. The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was really nice - bagels, croissants, cereal, yogurt, cheese, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juice. We spent the savings on great restaurants in the area - all within walking distance. One suggestion - the hotel should install towel racks in the bathroom - people will be more likely to reuse towels if they have a place to dry them out!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple