“Several stays at Chez Francois”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Accueil Chez Francois B&B
Ranked #19 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed with Francois each time we have visited Montreal over the last 15 years, and we have always been extremely pleased. The B & B is clean, comfortable, in a very convenient location opposite a park; it has parking and good access to public transportation. Breakfast is prepared by Francois; it's always delicious and beautifully presented. Francois speaks perfect English as well as French and is happy to help with directions, Montreal activities and just about anything else. It's just a short walk to Duluth St. which has a variety of ethnic restaurants from Italian and Greek to Afghan, Portugese, etc. We wouldn't considerin staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave L

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely winter weekend stay at this B&B. Laurence made us a delicious breakfast and both she and Francois were very helpful in suggesting where to go in Montreal during our limited time there.

Our room was bright and cheerful, and the entire B&B is clean and inviting. It's also very conveniently situated, with a beautiful view overlooking Parc La Fontaine. As I walked through the park, I was delighted to discover the picturesque scene of skaters meandering along a frozen river. The charming Rue St. Denis is also within an easy walking distance.

I highly recommend this B&B as your home base in Montreal!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elan D
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We've been coming here for years and have always been warmly received and well taken care of. Francois has upgraded the rooms over time, and the breakfasts are always home-made and delicious. Close to great shopping and a large restaurant area, across from a medium-sized park and close to downtown. Nice place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BladeKandahar
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I just wanted to say that my wife and I had a fantastic time staying at this B&B. It was centrally located for our shopping/visiting needs for the weekend. Free parking is an absolute plus. The service was 1st rate and the owner/staff are very friendly and helpful with locating various shops/restaurants we were looking for. We would definitely stay here again. We found the price to be very fair and comparable to chain hotels we normally stayed at on Montreal (plus we pay for parking at these places which adds up fast over a few days). We stayed in one of the back rooms (which was quite for us) as we know Montreal and weren't that interested in the fantastic view of the park across the street. The layout of the B&B was crisp and the individual rooms were clean and comfortable. I have recommended this place to several friends as a place to keep in mind for a quick convenient get away from Ottawa.

Chris

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, yet you give up the view of the park across the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 28chris28
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Francois' bed and breakfast. The service was excellent. Francois makes an excellent breakfast and went out of his way to make me feel comfortable. I was here for business and he was more than accommodating to ensure my schedule was met! The rooms were clean, as was the kitchen and lounge area. I look forward to coming back and staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed two nights here over NYE. It's a great B&B in a great location, and we definitely recommend it! The food was very good, rooms were clean and well decorated, staff was helpful and courteous. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband, 7 year old son, and I stayed at Accueil Chaez Francois for 3 days just after a really really big snow storm. We had a great stay. The owner, as well as the woman who oversees the place, were very kind, calm and most accomodating. Breakfasts were lovely, delicious, big, and creative. The decor and quality of the home were perfect and modern. The location, right across the street from the parc Le Fontaine was also really nice. We took our son sledding there. When most of Montreal had virtually no street parking because of the snow, we were able to just park in the lot behind the B&B. no problems. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends