“Best B&B in Montreal!”

Ranked #36 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Guilford, Connecticut
“Best B&B in Montreal!”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

As a designer I thought the place was absolutely beautiful! Sir Montcalm is extremely clean, quite comfortable & you feel right at home. The service was superb including a gourmet breakfast each morning. It is one of the top B&B in my book. A must stay. If i had to make one complaint the toilet area in room 3 was a bit small. But we like it there so much we are going back for New Years..

Jose Corpes
Designer
Interiors by JC

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I could write so much but the best compliment I can give about this place is that I didn't want to leave. I literally did not want to leave! And, I can't wait to get back and stay there again. The house is beautiful and they have paid attention to every single detail. I happened to say in Room #4 -- the suite -- and I actually took pictures and my use their design one day. It's absolutely brilliant. And, the bed is unbelievably comfortable. Again, I can go on and on. Don't walk -- but run -- to stay at Sir Montcalm!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mikedilbeck
beverly shores, in
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My partner and I just returned from a five night stay at SIr Montcalm. We had an excellent time and decided this guest house sets a new high bar for future B&Bs. Perfect location very close to Metro and gay scene. Wonderful breakfasts with a lot of variety. Not a single repeat in 5 days. They were very nice in upgrading us to a better room for the same price as the room we wanted, as that one was taken. The only suggestion-- A HOT TUB!!

Thanks Andre

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I have stayed at the Sir Montcalm as well as the sister property (Aubergell) more than one time. I have always rested well minus this time. The location (just off Ste Catherine) is wonderful. The staff is wonderful and the breakfast good. Overall the rooms are wonderful and well thoughtout. However, the noise next door from the "new neighbors" kept me up until 4am with the music. While I don't expect to go to bed at 8pm, going to bed a 4am and having to work the next day was not fun.

I will stay again, but I hope that the unnecessary sound can be cut down to end 1am?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Goteed1
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Stayed recently for three nights for business trip and was very impressed.

Small place with only 5 or 6 rooms, but very chic and polished. I stayed in Room 3 which is the smaller room but it was just perfect. Although, it's an odd layout, you could think of it as a very large bathroom with a bed in the middle. Still, it all worked and was definitely a cut above other places in the Village.

The upstairs has a kitchen area with snacks and drinks that guests have access to 24/7 and a very nice porch that overlooks the downstairs courtyard. Breakfast is an event and cooked special every morning until noon. They do kind of hover over you like mother hens during brekfast, but the food is so good and the presentation is really wonderful.

The only issue I had is I could not get the wifi to work with my Iphone or Ipad, other guests had no trouble with laptops, so it may have been an "Apple" thing, not sure.

This is a place that takes great pride in their presentation from every aspect. Also, literally just steps from the village and the train stations. It's a prefect choice for any traveller.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
roma
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I've been in Montreal in this B&B and i can definitly say i'ts a beautiful place to stay,the best i think ,near the Village and the centre of Montreal, a beautiful breakfast! and comfortable rooms!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Montreal
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I needed a place to stay in Montreal because we rented our flat (in Montreal) and had a flight out of the country a 5 days later. I am from Montreal, born and raised. I also live in the village and have been in the area for over 10 years.

The apartments are very well located in the heart of the village. There are stores around and you can find anything you need in a short walking distance. All the bars and clubs are also in a radius of 5 blocks, including the ever so famous club Stereo (a must!).
The subway is at one block, which saves you a lot on cabs (Montreal cabs are expensive).

The accommodations are SPOTLESS. I am on the obsessive/compulsive side when it comes to cleanliness and I was more then satisfied with the maintenance. Something has to be said for gay people keeping everything nice and tidy :)

The kitchen was fully equipped, we cooked everyday and even had friends over for dinner for our last night in town. They have a laundry facility which is extremely convenient. And the apartments are around an inner courtyard which is equipped with a nice table for summer nights and sunbathing. We were in there in the Fall, but still enjoyed having coffee outside in the morning. Outdoor space is always nice.

When we arrived, the staff greeted us and helped us whit our many luggage (we were in the process of relocating). One evening, our cordless phone batteries were low and I called reception for new ones. They were over to our apartment with replacement batteries whiting 3 literally minutes!

We felt at home and enjoyed our stay. Apart hotels usually are a place to crash and get ready to leave. We actually had the pleasure to enjoy being in our apartment. I often have family and friends how come to Montreal for visits. I will strongly recommend they stay there.

Killa & Todd