Sir Montcalm
$252
$273
$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewsother guestssliding doorperfect locationvisit montrealenjoyed our stayandregaytoiletblockmetrocanadahostscomfort
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I've been in Montreal in this B&B and i can definitly say i'ts a beautiful place to stay,the best i think ,near the Village and the centre of Montreal, a beautiful breakfast! and comfortable rooms!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I needed a place to stay in Montreal because we rented our flat (in Montreal) and had a flight out of the country a 5 days later. I am from Montreal, born and raised. I also live in the village and have been in the area for over 10 years.

The apartments are very well located in the heart of the village. There are stores around and you can find anything you need in a short walking distance. All the bars and clubs are also in a radius of 5 blocks, including the ever so famous club Stereo (a must!).
The subway is at one block, which saves you a lot on cabs (Montreal cabs are expensive).

The accommodations are SPOTLESS. I am on the obsessive/compulsive side when it comes to cleanliness and I was more then satisfied with the maintenance. Something has to be said for gay people keeping everything nice and tidy :)

The kitchen was fully equipped, we cooked everyday and even had friends over for dinner for our last night in town. They have a laundry facility which is extremely convenient. And the apartments are around an inner courtyard which is equipped with a nice table for summer nights and sunbathing. We were in there in the Fall, but still enjoyed having coffee outside in the morning. Outdoor space is always nice.

When we arrived, the staff greeted us and helped us whit our many luggage (we were in the process of relocating). One evening, our cordless phone batteries were low and I called reception for new ones. They were over to our apartment with replacement batteries whiting 3 literally minutes!

We felt at home and enjoyed our stay. Apart hotels usually are a place to crash and get ready to leave. We actually had the pleasure to enjoy being in our apartment. I often have family and friends how come to Montreal for visits. I will strongly recommend they stay there.

Killa & Todd

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Such a wonderful place to stay in the heart of the gay village!! The property is spotless and the staff are so warm and welcoming. My partner and I stayed in the suite and it was a fantastic room complete with Juliette balcony overlooking the garden and another set of french doors with direct access to the terrace. For couples, Room 2 is also a good size. Rooms 1 and 3 are smaller and a tigher fit. Each room, though, is neat, clean and well organized. If you don't already know your traveling partner well, you will after this stay as the bathrooms (inc. toilets) have no walls or doors, just a curtain or sliding mirror. I found this to be kind of fun! The shared living room is cozy and warm with lots of great amenities (complimentary sodas, juices, snacks, sweets). The night we were the only guests, we relaxed there as if it were our own. When other guests were at the B&B, we chatted with them there and hung out for the evening. Free WiFi throughout the property comes in very handy. The breakfasts were fantastic - made to order and a hearty way to start the day. On the days we were there, each breakfast started with fruit and yogurt, juice and LOTS of coffee along with a hot item ( for our four mornings it was quiche, ham and cheese croissant, omelette and Andre's own pancakes). Of the other guests we met during our stay, all of them were repeat guests, mostly from the US and within Canada. Andre and his staff make you feel so welcome and right at home. The B&B is steps from Beaudry Metro stop and a few short blocks from Berri Metro (which can take you anywhere in the city). At Andre's recommendation, we had dinner one night at O'Thym just a few steps in the other direction. A great dinner and its "Bring Your Own Wine" policy was perfect! The next time we're back in Montreal, we'll be staying at the Sir Montcalm!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tumtig
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I was going to stay at a hotel in Old Montreal. I'm really glad I changed my mind and decided to stay at Sir Montcalm. What an experience. Quiet, clean, accommodating. Very modern, sharp...all the amenities you would ever need. Breakfast each morning was great and always prompt. The location is hard to beat, right around the corner from a metro station and blocks from the central station and the hub off all activity in central Montreal. You can walk everywhere from here, or bike, or jump on the metro. I can't wait to return someday soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My husband and I love staying at this b&b! We've actually stayed there 4-5 times since it opened. Visit their website to take a look at the rooms and fine establishment (great prices too). Well presented and elaborate breakfast (fruit cup, yogurt, whole wheat pancakes, for example) outdoors surrounded by breathtaking garden. Lounge around on the balcony with some wine in the evening... while listening to classical music that is always playing in the background. Quiet and comfortable.

Only thing that I am not too fond of: Montcalm Street area (but maybe just a personal thing).

Strongly recommended for couples or singles. Not a place for children.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple