“Don't stay in the St Laurent room”
Review of Casa Bianca

Casa Bianca
Ranked #37 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I would not recommend staying in the St Laurent room at Casa Bianca. When we called to enquire about the differnet rooms, the person who answered the phone said that the St Laurent room was one of her favorites and so we booked it. We probably should have known better as it's their cheapest room by far. In reality, it's a gloomy room with a depressing outlook from its window and it completely lacks the charm of the other, more expensive rooms in the hotel. The St Laurent room's window A/C unit also stopped working in the middle of a very hot night so that we woke up sweaty and uncomfortable and found it hard to go back to sleep. When we complained at check-out, the charge for our car parking spot was refunded but nothing more. Casa Bianca's location is great, close to the park, some of the city's best restaurants and the Mile End neighborhood. Inside, everything looks like it could do with a little TLC. Our bathroom had a door opening onto a laundry room, where a baited Victor mouse trap was prominently placed on the floor.

2  Thank bpch
CasaBianca4351, General Manager at Casa Bianca, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I am sorry to read this after so much time has passed since your stay with us. As the manager, I was very concerned to hear about the air conditioner not working, so I asked the following guest if he experience the same discomfort and he assured me everything was fine. I also took a look at it myself and it seemed to function. Yes, it is an old unit but still works. ( We will have it replaced for next season regardless)

My number is available and I am on call 24-7 to make our clients stay more comfortable. I only heard about this complaint at the point of check-out, even though I served breakfast daily. So, yes, I chose to lift the parking fee which seemed fair and reasonable at the time.

My assistants and I give the space all the tender, love and care we have.

I am truly sorry that you didn't enjoy the St-Laurent room. Our smallest room that doesn't face the park but has access to a private terrace and biggest claw-foot bathtub.
This room has direct access to outside through a room with a washer and dryer. We set a mouse trap there as a preventative measure since we live by park mount-royal. We prefer not to hide this measure from our guests.. Better be safe than sorry.

Thank you for your feedback and if you choose to stay with us again we would be happy to offer you a room with park views at a return client discount.

Enjoy the fall in New York.

Sophie

Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a charming B&B! It was our first time in Montreal (we surprised my sister in law with the trip for her birthday). We wanted to make the trip a unique experience, so we chose Casa Bianca over a big hotel. The B&B was the highlight of our trip - our rooms were spacious and bright and overlooked the park. The weather was amazing so we were able to keep the windows open all day and night. We felt so relaxed and Sophie made us feel so at home - (she is so kind, and friendly - she makes the most excellent breakfast and gives great advice on places to go in the city.)
The location is perfect - across from the park (I was able to run every morning on Mont Royal), there is tennis nearby, a bike share, a taxi stand just a block away, great restaurants and shopping. We could not have been happier with Casa Bianca, and all of us cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place could have been a disaster and I am not talking about the pair of dirty socks left at the door- the first thing that greeted me....the first day, I gave my washing to the lady who worked here, most were white, some were blue, all the whites came back dirty blue and ruined, when I gently showed this to the lady, she didn't seem to care, I asked could she bleach them or dye them light blue..? A few days later, I got a note saying should she try to bleach them again (they were still blue) I wrote a more terse note saying 'yes, I can't wear them as they are and I am stuck in the same clothes waiting to get these clothes back and wearable) When I met Sophie, the manager who wrote the notes, she had no idea that they had turned my clothes blue and she could not have been nicer! She offered to pay for their replacement and because the damage was to my linen trousers from Italy and my favorite scarf, the bill was alot but she absolutely accepted full responsibility and it cheered me and I felt justice was done and that Sophie cared about justice. She is a brilliant manager and makes Casa Bianca a first class place to stay. She is thoughtful and honest and cares deeply about the welfare of the people who stay here. She gave me an upgrade to a GREAT room when I first arrived. She did everything she could to make this place great. SOPHIE is the greatest. And it really can not be faulted for the position and the size of the rooms. Plus, as a veggie, this place respects no meat. I'd live here if I could.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Lovely place, great location, fantastic breakfast, helpful staff. I had a really lovely stay and will return. Their recommendation of the Fitz & Follwell tours around the corner also really made my trip - I did two tours with them & took their advice re where to eat etc. Can't recommend highly enough - the rooms are beautiful & filled with natural light, the shower is great & the breakfast is just lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Last week I was delighted to be able to have my first experience of a stay at this lovely B&B as part of a trip to celebrate my birthday. This is a beautiful serene location in a busy, bustling neighbourhood, right across from a large park. Our room was large and bright overlooking the park. The bed was roomy and comfortable and the deep luxurious bath in its own little alcove added a quaint and otherworldly touch. Sophie the caretaker was a fund of knowledge about places to eat and interesting places to visit along with bits of information about the house itself. I had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed the other two days as well. I can't wait to go back again.
Heather Smedley

1  Thank HeatherinParis
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I had never been to Montreal before and really had no clue where to stay except that we didn't want to stay downtown. Casa Bianca is the perfect location - in the Le Plateau-Mont-Royal neighbourhood there's tons of shops and restaurants around, and the tourist attractions are just a walk/bike ride away - with public transit close by. Great neighbourhoods surround and their beautiful parks. The B&B itself has lovely charm. Our room was large with a nice bathtub. The bath products they supply smell amazing. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and filling to help start the day. The staff were super helpful and always willing to answer our questions. We're definitely staying here the next time we visit Montreal.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We love Casa Bianca. The location is great. The rooms are beautiful and our first breakfast this morning was fabulous. Sophie, the care taker, is lovely, helpful and accommodating. Staying here is the perfect compliment to the beauty and charm offered by Montreal.

Jean and Zoe, Susan and Haley, Hanna, and Harper